Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

View Poll Results: What would your response be?
Change lanes? 4 21.05%
Ignore him? 7 36.84%
Speed up? 0 0%
Slow down? 1 5.26%
Flash your lights back at him once he gets ahead? 0 0%
Honk at him? 0 0%
Yell at him, with or without obscenities? 1 5.26%
Flip him the bird? 2 10.53%
Or some combination of the above or something else? 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default How do you deal with road bullies?

You know how it goes. You're driving along the left lane of a highway at or close to the speed limit enjoying the ride. Suddenly someone comes up close behind you flashing his lights expecting you to get out of his way. Do you: (see poll options)

Similar scenario except this time you're in the center lane, again driving close to the speed limit and a tractor trailer comes up from behind blasting his horn expecting you to change lanes (which he could easily do himself as there's no other traffic around). Would you: (see poll options)

Tech Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: How do you deal with road bullies?

I have only been driving about one year (new Mini) but I now have a few hand signals that are not a part of the Highway Code

*= WildCat =* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

I'd ur in the left lane u gotta move over or speed up. Right lane is for enjoying the ride. Left lane is for getting where ur going. (this is assuming that it's American roads)

And just gonna through this out there....please, PLEASE, always go the speed limit. Going under it is just as likely to cause an accident as going over it (because u get a big line up of people who then feel the need to fly by u once ur out of the way and they all know are experiencing road rage).
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
MMM
Daemon Poster

Over here in Australia we have our share of Nut cases on the road, best to ignore & get out of way but what I do is get rego number & description of vehicle and pass it onto the police.....
I have had a few confrontations years ago and believe me it can get ugly, I'm too old for this crap and you do not know what type of person you are dealing with.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Wizard of Wires

Cobra Tank Gun...
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
In Runtime

How to get polls?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Wait for him to get past, shift down, get along side (I ride a motorcycle, 'cause I'm that cool. loljk), give his car a good few punches with my carbon-armored gloves and shoot off.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #8
MMM
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
Wait for him to get past, shift down, get along side (I ride a motorcycle, 'cause I'm that cool. loljk), give his car a good few punches with my carbon-armored gloves and shoot off.
Yeah.... as you start to punch the door the driver of the car pulls the steering wheel in your direction..... lights out for you baby as he looks cool driving over the top of you....rofl......
Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Yeah.... as you start to punch the door the driver of the car pulls the steering wheel in your direction..... lights out for you baby as he looks cool driving over the top of you....rofl......
Dw, I don't stay alongside long enough for them to realise what's going on.

This one time, I did follow this bloke in a BMW who cut me up on a roundabout, when he stopped at his destination i pulled up alongside and had a right go at him, which ended in me restraining myself from nutting him one with my helmet on, and him apologising, which i was satisfied with.

If you drive like a knob, expect to be treated like one should you be unfortunate enough to come across someone like me
Old 07-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
MMM
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
Dw, I don't stay alongside long enough for them to realise what's going on.

This one time, I did follow this bloke in a BMW who cut me up on a roundabout, when he stopped at his destination i pulled up alongside and had a right go at him, which ended in me restraining myself from nutting him one with my helmet on, and him apologising, which i was satisfied with.

If you drive like a knob, expect to be treated like one should you be unfortunate enough to come across someone like me
You got to be careful with who you are dealing with, plenty of nut cases out there who do not value life as you do...
I use to be a very wild person when I was young, did not care much about other people and did things that I am now ashamed of when I think back, but just stating the facts you never know who you are dealing with when confronting strangers and the end result might not be pleasant.
My own lesson in life is now try to be courteous to others if possible..... but you will learn for self.