• Change lanes?

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Ignore him?

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Speed up?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slow down?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Flash your lights back at him once he gets ahead?

• Honk at him?

• Yell at him, with or without obscenities?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Flip him the bird?

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Or some combination of the above or something else?

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
You got to be careful with who you are dealing with, plenty of nut cases out there who do not value life as you do...
I use to be a very wild person when I was young, did not care much about other people and did things that I am now ashamed of when I think back, but just stating the facts you never know who you are dealing with when confronting strangers and the end result might not be pleasant.
My own lesson in life is now try to be courteous to others if possible..... but you will learn for self.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers

to be honest...

in America, the left hand lanes are for over taking.
in the UK the right hand lanes are for over taking.

There is really no such thing as a fast lane.
you should always try to stay in lane 1, unless you are overtaking.

if you're sat in lanes 2, 3, (456 or whatever) when you could be in a lower numbered lane, then you're doing it wrong.

there is no reason to drive in the centre lane when there is no other traffic, who exactly are you overtaking?

Let's not forget as well as nutcases, there are also genuinely good drivers who just sometimes make mistakes and apologise for them...

I've witnessed someone (a car salesman as it happens, go figure) get out and shout / yell at an old man who he said cut him up on the previous roundabout, who seemed quite taken aback and apologetic. Believe me, I was close to calling the police, especially since the first thing the salesman did when he drove off was jump a red light.

Let's not forget as well as nutcases, there are also genuinely good drivers who just sometimes make mistakes and apologise for them...

I've witnessed someone (a car salesman as it happens, go figure) get out and shout / yell at an old man who he said cut him up on the previous roundabout, who seemed quite taken aback and apologetic. Believe me, I was close to calling the police, especially since the first thing the salesman did when he drove off was jump a red light.
Very true.....

I have only been driving about one year (new Mini) but I now have a few hand signals that are not a part of the Highway Code :D

XD

Usually they don't get near me. i am riding a motorcycle, so they have to be going way to fast if they want to pass me.
if that is the case i will switch lane. the left lane is for passing, and the right is the one we should be using more often.

This.

Let me put something in prospective for you all of you. Here in Wisconsin we have concealed carry and a castle doctrine that extends to you in your car where-ever that may be. The person in a car has no duty to flee but morally should if there are no objects blocking them and their fleeing would not endanger others.

So let's say I'm the guy who cut you off, or maybe I bumped my horn by accident while behind you and got you all worked up. If you followed me and cornered me afterwords in a threatening manor I could legally draw my weapon out of its holster (which with where I wear it the steatbelt does not hinder my draw) and fire on you to protect myself and my property. The only thing I would need to prove to the police is that I felt like I and my property was in danger which the scuff or scratch you left while pounding on my car will satisfy.

The moral? If you think that it's worth risking your life to get back at someone who might have made an honest mistake or simply didn't see you then go for. Be a dick and make people like me who hope to never harm a fellow human live a worst-case scenario and change both of our lives forever. Otherwise you can be the bigger man and brush it off and let it go. The world is full of assholes and letting one ruin your mood is pretty pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom