Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #31
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: how do you 360 owners do it?

One of my friends has had to send back his because his DVD tray started malfunctioning, but other than that, none of the people I know who have 360's have had to send it back. Heck, I know one guy who has had the same Xbox 360 since launch and it's never gotten RRoD or anything at all.

So I guess you could say it really depends on your luck and where you keep your Xbox and the external power supply.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #32
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
i went on the 360 forums, and they said that all system that has this years manufacturers date, its a falcon.
and theres some reports of falcons getting RROD, and it seems like a lot of people has problems with their 360's, not sure if its bad luck for them, or they play 24/7. all the people i know never had a problem with a 360...
with as many as they've sold there is bound to be quite a few people that got a bad one, call it a downfall of mass production. You have to think that most of the people that have posted are people that have problems, how many that haven't have posted. All 360 can get a rrod, it is all in what caused it. all it means is that there is a critical system error, the older ones it was because they were prone to overheating. The new ones with the smaller chip are quite a bit better in this respect. I would recommend spending the extra and getting an actual warranty, but that's just me and my feeling on nearly all electronics. There are so many things that can go wrong with anything its better to have a warranty that not.

xtremezx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #33
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

I got one and had to send it back, but it's probably because I ran it in a cabinet. There was airflow, but not much.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #34
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, I run mine out in the open with plenty of airflow for both the console and power brick.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote