Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #11
BSOD

Default Re: How Did You Become Interested In Computers & Tech?

I've been playing games from the age of 5. Then I learnt how to type web addresses. then Facebook. Then got interested in networking and researched. I hated IT at school 9 years ago. And look at me now - choosing it for advanced studies. LOL

Daserg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #12
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to bessonberry Send a message via Skype™ to bessonberry

it was back in the early 2000s. probably 2001. i started playing a video game (red alert 2), and i joined one of the communities that was spammed in game, they were very techy and into computer things, and that's where it all started with me.

bessonberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #13
Wizard of Wires

My mother swore up and down my first words were, " Plug it in ". That was 61 years ago. I grew up in a house that had a TV and radio repair shop in the back. I used to buy junk bags of parts and get schematics out of Popular Electronics magazine. I had projects all over the house. Amazingly they all worked.
Fast forward a few years and Uncle Sam wanted to use my ass as target practice for the cong. I joined the Navy instead. Electronics school in Memphis then fine tuning that with a visit to MIT. 6 years later back to MIT to get my degree while serving out my reserve time. I have never been so drunk in my life.
I have seen crude vacuum tube circuits go to transistors and micro chips. Then on to fitting millions of them on a single chip with a purpose. A microprocessor.
And look at us now. It's been an interesting journey and it isn't over yet.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #14
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to bessonberry Send a message via Skype™ to bessonberry

wow that does sound like one interesting journey setishock. :O sounds like you've had a productive life so far.
bessonberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #15
Solid State Member

Found that I loved computers the minute I sat at one. It felt right and it felt comfortable and I saw potential. Talking time learning about how the electronics works from my dad, I began taking anything and every electronic int he house that had broken or was having an issue and broke them open. learned everything I could and then "googled" any little writings I found to see what in the world they meant.

I started to notice my nack for computers and how they worked when a friend of mine had an issue with his desktop (i was 13 at the time) and I sat down, knowing nothing about how to fix it, and ended up digging myself inside and fixed his issue through the CMD. Ever since then I love them. My cousin had built a monster computer and I was driven mad by how beautiful it was and so I began to build one myself and so here I am, with my built computer which is ever growing!
Quantum41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
In Runtime

Mine started out with curiosity. One example of my curiosity and I guess thrust for knowledge is that when I was 3 or 4 we had the central heating fitted and I was constantly bugging the engineer and asking what he was doing and why (and no I retained none of that info).

But I got into computers when Grandad one day got a computer for mum (good for web surfing and such) but after about 6 months nearly every day something was wrong with it. It didn't matter how small the problem was the point was that it was a problem. So I started fixing these problems.

Then I was given a PC that booted into ME and didn't do much else without panicking and crashing. So after a fair bit of research and a lot of tinkering and testing, I gradually fixed that too.

After a a few years I decided that I was going to get a new PC with the wages from my first job. Once I had finished putting it together and got it working I went to college dropped from the course I was doing and went for a computer course.

I love dealing with computers and getting them back to full health. I also enjoy tech and gadgets. But I have yet to get a job in the industry which is a bit annoying.

Mossiac
Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #17
The Candyman

Iv always been interested in electronics my whole life. i love finding out how things work. when i was just a kid my Father would let me take things apart. he would buy small black & white tv's and give them to me to take apart, and then he would say" ok, put it back together"

then i moved up and got into tape recorders and phonographs. i loved recording on my portable tape recorder. then i moved up to game consoles. i loved playing with my Atari game console. then as i got older i got into computers and love them to this day...

~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote