Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default How can I tell if this site is legit?

Okay so the other day I noticed my gas was dropping rather quick. I pulled it on the pit the other day at work and noticed its leaking around the seam of the tank. So I need a replacment tank.

This was the first site that came up when I googled gas tanks but I'd still like to know if there is a site I can use to see if this is legit or not. They do have a 800 number so that does make me feel better but the sites not that great. Has anyone heard of this company? Its about $40 bucks cheaper than the best I've found local plus its shipped to my house rather than driving to get it.

http://discountgastanks.com/search/

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Re: How can I tell if this site is legit?

Look at the copyright info. 2003 was the last date. And theres only tanks up to 2000 for Ford models. So, it may have been legit years ago. I doubt this company even exists anymore.

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Site Team

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/af...gas-tanks.html

a member on this site 2nd post down says he bought a tank from them 2 months ago. Maybe join up and pm him. I agree with flightsimboy. It look sas though it has been legit . Call their customer service number to see if they are still open.

EDIT: oops hang on that was 2007.

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Hmm nice observations guys. Thanks for that quick forum link Lowndsey! +1 to both of you guys! Edit +1 to FlightSimBoy I gotta spread it around for lowndsey though sorry man.

I wasn't sure if there was a online database somewhere that showed the ratings of sites like this or not.

I will call there 800 number tomorrow and see if there open still. I still have not got a email back since I created an account. I didn't enter any personal credit card info though. Just my basic info and junk email address.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

Thanks for the rep, Mattie, that put me up to 3 bars.

What kind of car you drive anyway? Hopefully one thats not too rare. You might even want to check a local junkyard (if you have one) if that place isn't open anymore. You never know what you might find.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSimBoy View Post
Thanks for the rep, Mattie, that put me up to 3 bars.

What kind of car you drive anyway? Hopefully one thats not too rare. You might even want to check a local junkyard (if you have one) if that place isn't open anymore. You never know what you might find.
I've already checked the junkyards few new ones but there more than this place. I figured I'd look and see just to humor myself.

My work car is just a Ford Taurus nothing special. I've debated about buying a new one a few times but I'm not sure if its worth the monthly payments.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

The site looks legit to me. Just noticed that they misspelled "Acura" as "Accura".....lol

If you're worried about it, just call the 800 number and talk to a person instead of doing your order online.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
The site looks legit to me. Just noticed that they misspelled "Acura" as "Accura".....lol

If you're worried about it, just call the 800 number and talk to a person instead of doing your order online.
I guess I'll update you guys. I went ahead and called the number about 30 minutes ago. The guy picked up on the 3rd ring and I asked him a bit about the company.

I ended up placing my order and he said it should arrive in 2 business days. I guess theres not much he can do with my credit card anyways since he doesn't have the CVT number.

Now the fun part will be pulling out the old one and putting the new one in! I'm hoping the fuel pump comes out alright otherwise theres another couple hundred....
Old 03-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ߧ∩H♠H䎀 View Post
I guess I'll update you guys. I went ahead and called the number about 30 minutes ago. The guy picked up on the 3rd ring and I asked him a bit about the company.

I ended up placing my order and he said it should arrive in 2 business days. I guess theres not much he can do with my credit card anyways since he doesn't have the CVT number.

Now the fun part will be pulling out the old one and putting the new one in! I'm hoping the fuel pump comes out alright otherwise theres another couple hundred....
Glad it worked out for you, there were some good prices on that site.

Yes, taking out the tank and installing the new one will be the fun part, don't get gas for a few days...lol It'll do you good to buy a can or two of undercoating and spray the tank before you put it in. The fuel pump should be okay coming out as long as you are careful with it.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
Glad it worked out for you, there were some good prices on that site.

Yes, taking out the tank and installing the new one will be the fun part, don't get gas for a few days...lol It'll do you good to buy a can or two of undercoating and spray the tank before you put it in. The fuel pump should be okay coming out as long as you are careful with it.
Thanks, my buddy is a certified Ford mechanic and I'll be taking it to there ford shop after hours and put it up on the lift to do. He said there more of a pain as the lines can rust and seize together. I plan on spraying the heck out of the tank before it goes in!

Really I guess its not a huge deal I'll probably end up biting the bullet by the end of the year and buying a new car anyways if something else goes wrong with this one.