Hotmail>Gmail

meh. msn has enough storage space for me. i have 1092 messages, some with attatchments, and it never moans at me about space. i just find sending files over msn, uploading to an ftp or rapidshare is easier.

You guys store your messages? I permanently delete them...

And with ISP's I think you get unlimited space for you're email.

Yahoo! Mail has unlimited storage space. I've always used Yahoo! Mail and I always will. GMail is pretty nice, but I just don't see enough to make me fully switch over.

Yahoo! Mail has unlimited storage space. I've always used Yahoo! Mail and I always will. GMail is pretty nice, but I just don't see enough to make me fully switch over.

I think it all has to do with longevity. I used to have an Earthlink account, but they deleted it when I switched over to Verizon. I've been using Gmail ever since they introduced it using the invitation system. I'm not willing to switch to Yahoo, especially since everything is established with my Gmail account.

I'm sure I'll have a different story if I had started with Yahoo instead.

I think it all has to do with longevity. I used to have an Earthlink account, but they deleted it when I switched over to Verizon. I've been using Gmail ever since they introduced it using the invitation system. I'm not willing to switch to Yahoo, especially since everything is established with my Gmail account.

I'm sure I'll have a different story if I had started with Yahoo instead.

Earthlink is desperate. Before I got Verizon service I had earthlink. When I switched they gave me a few pitches. The last one being my email account. I think for $3 bucks a month I could have kept it. By that point I was like just cancel the flipping account.

I don't use my mobile phone for my emails and the iPhone is out of my price range for a phone, so I wouldn't know about these problems you're having. However, both Gmail and Hotmail are good email providers.

The only complain I have with Hotmail is that from time to time I fail to receive an activation email from forums or blogs. I usually end up having to contact an administrator and waiting up to a week for my account to be activated or making an entirely new account using Gmail.

Right now I'm using a combination of Gmail and an email address using my own domain name.

It could sound stupid, but I kind of like Gmail. I'm starting to not like Microsoft anymore...hopefully that will change when Windows 7 comes out.

I don't understand what Microsoft's OS has to do with their email service. They are both completely different projects coordinated by completely different people and divisions.

Wow..Gmail is sooo much faster, but it's interface is SOOO boring. Are there different themes I can choose from?

Gmail recently added quite a few themes to their service. I guess it was so people could stop using Greasemonkey to make their Gmail look different and it was a popular demand by the community.

To change your Gmail theme, simply go to www.gmail.com, click Settings and then Themes. My personal favorite is the Planets theme, although the Ninja theme is nice as well.

I love Gmail. It's very fast. I just wish that, after I delete a message, it will go to the next message instead of back to my inbox. Maybe there is a setting to change that?

Isn't the iPhone supported with Windows Live. I am sure i remember on my Itouch that there was that option.

Gmail is nice...i use it as my spam account...whenever i need to register or put my email in online...otherwise i use Hotmail...cause i have it running as my own personal email using my domain. So i have @yourpcforums.org I guess its all opinion right :)

Back
Top Bottom