Horray for soldering guns!!!

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
So, today I was playing around just de-soldering the componets on a crappy DVD player.. What can I say, thats how I spend my free time.. :) Either that, or be on the PC for days straight... So, it was actually my first time trying to de-solder things.. It was fun, to say the least. Pulling all the resistors off and reading their color bands to see what Ohm rating they have.. I'm hardcore like that. :cool: I'll test them with a multimeter in a few days... :cool:

So, heres what happened. I was doing a pretty good job... Then I tried to do a capacitor... well, it had a fairly strong solder joint.. so, i was applying a little bit of force with the soldering gun (mabye a little more than i should have) when my hand i was holding the gun with slipped... needless to say, i have a V shaped burn on my left thumb... I saw it get burned, but I didnt even feel it. It burned through the top layer and halfway through the second layer of skin instantly... amazing, i must say... so, yeah.... if you ever use a soldering gun or any soldering equipment for that matter, be careful. dont apply too much force.. also dont try to do anything after having 2 different types of energy drink.. :eek: especially if it makes you a little twitchy

Yeah i have never burnt myself with my soldering iron , but hell they are hot .

well i thought a cigarrete lighter in my bro's car didnt work so after my bro pushed on it(heating it up) i thouched it, i just heard the tssst i didnt feel anything.

you dont feel anything because you pull it off before it gets to lower levels of your skin.

lol But when it is heated it gets red. Did you not see the redness on the coils??!!

they do if u pull it out quick enough
i did that when i was like 5 and it hurt like hell cuz i pushed a bit too hard :p
i also burned myself on a hot glue gun once annd it hurt... make that 2 times

ouch! sounds painful....may want to cut back on the energy drinks while soldering...haha.

I want to learn how to use a soldering gun. My dad could easily teach me too, since he knows how.

It's like when I got my Dremel, I started cutting up an old Compaq case before I started working on my Antec 900, which I got done yesterday after working on it for 5 hours straight. Power tools FTW!

Last year in chem, my friends messed aroun a lot. We were heating something in an evaporating dish over a bunson burner, and my friend took it off and touched it to another friends arm, left a bad burn, but they all took it with fun and games, so the kid that got burned got him back, twice... The first wasnt that bad, a pruple spot about an inch in diameter, than second was bad...
Started out dark red, than a dark dark purple a couple hours later, and the nexxt day, it was one huge 3inch pruprle scab like thing. They all thought it was pretty cool, and didnt get in any trouble!!! Thats cause none were angry. They also mixed togethor a little too much of 2 things, and it started to overflow a lil, but they quick grabbed another test tube to solve that, and soon afterwards broke that test tube.....

lol, but they never got kicked out or anything, lol.

Back
Top Bottom