Hondas are Fast!

To get to 60 in a car you need what 3 gear changes, 4 at the most, to get to 60 in a truck you;re probably looking at 9 changes.

Just about every car I've drove you only need 2 gear changes to hit 60 and 3 at most. 4 is just crazy talk..

To get to 60 in a car you need what 3 gear changes, 4 at the most, to get to 60 in a truck you;re probably looking at 9 changes

To get 60 in a car its one or two shifts. MAYBE three. In a truck, if the driver is good with the gearing he could pull it off in 4. They DO skip gears, you know that, right?

Just about every car I've drove you only need 2 gear changes to hit 60 and 3 at most. 4 is just crazy talk..

Neutral - 1st
1st - 2nd

if you hit 60 whilst still in second you're honestly doing something wrong.
Hitting 60 in 3rd gear. For most cars will mean that the engine has pretty much reach redline. If not passed it. It is possible, at a push.

If you're drag racing a car it's unlikely that you're going to skip gears.

Regardless of whether the truck driver skipped gears, the car has a 0 -60 time of a few seconds. The truck simply isn't going to be able to shift enouh gears to keep up with the car. (the car will have hit 60 whilst the truck driver is still thinking about the gear range he wants to be in)...

As I said. The truck might be first off the line, and with all that torque might be the first to ten, or twenty mph. But after that... I just doubt it.

I was joking about the bracket racing.

My truck at 60mph is only at 3400rpm in 2nd... and would be in 5700rpm in first, but it shifts around 4600rpm

ok... this morning I decided to test this...

in my previous post I was counting a shift from neutral, but I'll ignore that and just start in gear with foot on clutch...

start in second. drive, reach speed of ~30 - 40, shift straight into fourth reach 60...

so you can reach 60 in just 1 shift, but the acceleration is terrible...

My truck at 60mph is only at 3400rpm in 2nd... and would be in 5700rpm in first, but it shifts around 4600rpm
how many gears overall? is this automatic?

I'm speaking from experience of a normal five speed manual.

Well, I was calculating based on a 4 speed auto that TRS said was in the 4.0 Rangers, but I'm pretty sure I have a 5 speed Auto. I haven't tested to see what gear I am in at 60. But I know it only shifted 3 times when I went to the drag strip and I hit about 83mph there.

Well, I was calculating based on a 4 speed auto that TRS said was in the 4.0 Rangers, but I'm pretty sure I have a 5 speed Auto. I haven't tested to see what gear I am in at 60. But I know it only shifted 3 times when I went to the drag strip and I hit about 83mph there.

What are the labels for gears you can put the truck in? Like on my van, its D-3-L, which is over-drive, drive, and first/second. Its a 4 speed.

Back
Top Bottom