Home/Car Audio help please

Bloodstalker999

In Runtime
Hello everyone Thanks in advanced for reading/replying

I would like to set up some car Audio equipment in my room. I don't know how I would go about doing so. What I would like to do is set up a whole car audio system in my room including: Head unit, Hi-speakers, mid-speakers, and low speakers(all speakers built into the walls) and need to know basically how I would be able to provide power to the Head Unit. I was thinking of using a Power supply from a computer since they work off a 12 volt system similar to that of a car, but I don't know if this would work due to the difference in resistance. I have seen power supplies for testing speakers or amps but they are very expensive. If any one has suggestions or Pointers on what would be the best way to install the audio system please do share, I sure would appreciate them.

I know they have home surround systems home theater systems and etc but I just think it would be cool to have a head unit and speakers in my walls of my room. And as always Thanks For all and any help.

computer PSU won't work. the amp for the stereo will likely draw too much power.

that's just a guess... the best way to find out is to look at the power input of the amp, (12v 6A) and look at the power output on the 12v line on the PSU.

if you just plan to use a regular head unit then it might work wih the (normally lower powered) internal amp, but I think a dedicated amp is probably out of the question!

for the sub/mid/tweet just use passive crossovers at whatever the next highest rating to your stereo is.

(I think that's a cool idea BTW).

Back
Top Bottom