holy crap i hate dell!!!!

You know, I might be getting a job at a PC repair shop soon, and I think I will last less than a week, and you know why? I value the customer more than the money. If A person is complaining his PC isn't turning on, and I see that it is the power switch, then damn it, I'm getting him a new power switch. I am not going to be like most PC repairmen and say its the power supply, too. And trust me, some places replace the PSU before they even think about checking the power switch.

For me (and my mom she has a few Dells at her place)we have a few Dells around here. I do have my own home builds as well but this is about Dell. Have had no problems(knock on wood) with any of them and they are several years old.

You know, I might be getting a job at a PC repair shop soon, and I think I will last less than a week, and you know why? I value the customer more than the money. If A person is complaining his PC isn't turning on, and I see that it is the power switch, then damn it, I'm getting him a new power switch. I am not going to be like most PC repairmen and say its the power supply, too. And trust me, some places replace the PSU before they even think about checking the power switch.

Do u know how rarely the switch is the actual problem though? I always test with a new PSU before i sell one to a customer, and 9 times out of ten it is the psu.

Well, it was just a hypothetical situation. Sure, it might be the PSU, but that is why you test everything that could cause the problem, starting with the smallest or most obvious problems. Then you work your way up to stuff that is hard to notice or is hard to fix.

i come home
my sisters dell will not post idk why bios wouldn't post
i open up the case
there was so much dust it was crazzzzzzzy
i took apart the entire dell and used compressed air to clean every thing
i never realized how crappy dell parts are
its ridiculous every things cheep plastic and low end
theres not even a fan on my heat sink but instead a big ass vent that leads to a case fan
any way after cleaning every thing worked
so what do you think made it brake?
dust?
wtf dude you hate dell cos it got dust in it and broke well what did you expect to happen ,
well thats just stupid im sorry but dells just like any other computer need dusting out every now and then even your custom build will need it to be cleaned out every now and then
And of course the parts are low end if it was a cheap computer , sounds kinda like my dell i have here the cooling system is tested and designed to work , and the cooling system you descried is designed for a quieter PC as they only need one case fan to keep it cool

aww i just bought a dell :eek: lol.
depends which dell your talking about though. if you buy a cheap one then obviously the parts are going to be cheap. that makes sense doesnt it. the secret of dell offering dirt cheap desktops = cheap parts

aww i just bought a dell :eek: lol.
depends which dell your talking about though. if you buy a cheap one then obviously the parts are going to be cheap. that makes sense doesnt it. the secret of dell offering dirt cheap desktops = cheap parts

from my experiences there laptops are pretty decent so you dont have anything to worry about

yea, i did my research before hand so im not really worried about it having crappy build quality.
thats why i dont even consider the really cheap desktops. they are cheap for a reason, and they may be ok for schools and stuff, i wouldnt have one

Apart from the first PC I bought in early 2001, I've always built my own. I would never consider buying a 'brand' name computer.

My main PC has been running without a problem for 4 years now. The only upgrades I've done since 2004 are a new video card, digital TV tuner card, bigger (750 watt vs 450 watt) power supply and more RAM (now 2GB, it had 1GB).

Every 12 months I pull it all apart and give everything a good clean, including new Arctic Silver for the processor/heatsink. Runs like a dream.

Back
Top Bottom