holy crap help me

Re: holy shit help me

recon 16 said:
i dont use thermal paste and i get pretty good temps, i think that thermal paste is a hoax, metal conducts heat when touching metal, not transfering thru a gel.

Can you check the speed of your fan?
When you have just the heatsink touching the fan there are actually a bunch of little grooves and marks on the bottom of the heatsink. What the thermal paste does is fills in all those grooves to conduct the heat better. So really thermal paste isnt a "hoax"

well it doesnt burn me, but it gives me a slight electrical shock. no clue why. ill get some thermal paste tomorow, but the heatsink wont come off :confused:

Possible virus perhaps? Corrupted files. Could be memory, but that's the last thing I would look at. Usually if it's RAM problem, it wouldn't restart like that. Then again, I've seen stranger things. Try taking out a stick to see what happens. If still the same, try repairing Windows by popping in the Windows XP CD.

On my PC, when the CPU gets hot (trust me, it got there), it simply shuts down. Doesn't restart.

meh, ive been running serivece pack one on that thing since yesterday, so a virus is possible.

yes it does. it stays on forever, until i try doing something. i open IE and it crashes sometimes. then after maybe 15 minutes it restarts :confused:

Back
Top Bottom