Holy Crap

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
These subs are A LOT heavier than I thought they would be. Haha, anyone know how to install/wire a sub system & amp?

+Rep to whoever I can call and walk me through it :p

yes yes i do i do! haha well go buy a amp wiring kit, take the power wire run it to your battery prefferably threw a hole thats already there (there should be some kind of ruber bushing try to fit it threw there under the passenger side from inside out) once you get that try to run it under your center console like take the screw's off of it and run the wire threw it. take off the bottom of your seat if you can in the back and run it threw the bottom of it, (dont hook the power up at all yet lol) okay rca's now, take the deck out and take the harnest off of it and try to run the cables up threw the back of it and grab it with your other hand from where the deck is supposed to be, plug it in, run it along with the power wire back to the trunk also. now the same thing as the rca's with the remote wire. okay now go aahead and look in your trunk for a old lil screw's on the body, if you find one take it off and sand around it so theres no paint and put the ground wire on it, now hook them up to where it says on the amp. hook the speaker wires up right make sure the positive and negative are hooked up right also... any questions reply and ill be happy to tell you, fyi its not going to be a 20 mins job lol

yes yes i do i do! haha well go buy a amp wiring kit, take the power wire run it to your battery prefferably threw a hole thats already there (there should be some kind of ruber bushing try to fit it threw there under the passenger side from inside out) once you get that try to run it under your center console like take the screw's off of it and run the wire threw it. take off the bottom of your seat if you can in the back and run it threw the bottom of it, (dont hook the power up at all yet lol) okay rca's now, take the deck out and take the harnest off of it and try to run the cables up threw the back of it and grab it with your other hand from where the deck is supposed to be, plug it in, run it along with the power wire back to the trunk also. now the same thing as the rca's with the remote wire. okay now go aahead and look in your trunk for a old lil screw's on the body, if you find one take it off and sand around it so theres no paint and put the ground wire on it, now hook them up to where it says on the amp. hook the speaker wires up right make sure the positive and negative are hooked up right also... any questions reply and ill be happy to tell you, fyi its not going to be a 20 mins job lol

How long do you think it takes? Like, 2-3 hours I hear.

I have no idea what all these wires even look like. Like, what I have to do to install them into the stereo, etc. :(

How long do you think it takes? Like, 2-3 hours I hear.

I have no idea what all these wires even look like. Like, what I have to do to install them into the stereo, etc. :(

Sounds like you would be best getting someone who knows what they are doing to install it for you.

^True. But I'm not about to drop 80$ and my car keys into the hands of some jerk off at Circuit City.

Ill just split a 24 pack with my buddy and do it. LMAO

go to walmart and buy a amp wiring kit, the red wire goes to the battery, the short black one is your ground, the skinny blue/teal one is the remote wire. then theres the speaker wire, you know what that looks like. and i'd say around 2 hour job if you know what your doing and run into a little bit of complication's but none and i can do it in 1

^I have some extremely high quality thick ass power cables the guy threw in for me. How much can I get those other ones for? I don't wanna get the cheapest, crap quality things I can... (cough cough, wally-world)...

well go to the local stereo shop and tell them you need a remote wire and how long would you say that that wire is? like how much feet? you can possibly use some of it for your ground... for the remote wire you just need a little wire to go back to it, buy some cheap speaker wire thats like 18 gauge or something and use only one wire. it shouldent really be that hard to do but then again it can be a bia bia haha

Back
Top Bottom