Hmm...Twitter to the extreme?

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
HERE

"In an all-time low for Internet use, Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff used Twitter to announce to the public his approval of the execution of convicted murderer Ronnie Lee Gardner. 'I just gave the go ahead to Corrections Director to proceed with Gardner's execution. May God grant him the mercy he denied his victims,' the attorney general wrote. The AG's 7,000 followers retweeted the message further on and soon many replied concerning the awfulness of tweeting the execution of a human being. 'Mr. Shurtleff was doing nothing unusual; politicians and news organizations now routinely send out tweets to alert people to the latest developments. But as Twitter users digested endless breaking news flashes alerting them to the death of a man by firing squad in the United States, for some Mr. Shurtleff's remarks stood out from the rest.'"

I don't see a problem with it. Everyone is tweeting these days, including politicians. These so called tweets by more or less EVERYONE is getting more and more to the extreme, but however it seems there is no limit, and to be honest, I don't really care.

I just want to point out, I don't have an opinion one way or the other. I was just posting an interesting story.

That being said, both of you basically quoted a line in the story 'Mr. Shurtleff was doing nothing unusual; politicians and news organizations now routinely send out tweets to alert people to the latest developments...

But a lot of people did care soon many replied concerning the awfulness of tweeting the execution of a human being

On one hand it seems kind of wrong that this type of thing would be a Twitter post, on the other hand that is the world we live in today.

I agree, you shouldn't tweet about extremes like this...people are too attached to Twitter...

The news would have come out eventually, the tweet was used merely as a method of conveying this news to the public. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion

Ain't no matter. You are either gunna hear on the internet or the news. What's the big deal. If people can't handle the internet, they need to GTFO or stay away from Twitter. I could care less if they have stuff like this. The internet goes both ways (good and bad) and people need to realize that. (also, none of that was pointed at anyone who has posted in here; just in general)

I agree that it was going to happen and that people would hear about it....but 30 seconds after he gave the command.....

I think that is what I have the problem with. I don't think it was his job to report it to the masses. Leave it to the news reporters.

I think his tweet should have read differently. See below:

"Today, I ordered some scum to be shot to death. He was shot several times by the executioners and was trying to say something as he lie there bleeding but the butt of the gun swiftly met his chin and silenced the mofo. Now, there's no more Mr. Gardner, he's freakin ded, D. E. D. Ded.

Back
Top Bottom