Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #11
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Hmm, do you think I'm a jerk to customer service?

one time an Indian guy was impressed that I knew windows 98 was not the first operating system by windows. (what about windows95 and windows 3.1? "they don't exist")

AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #12
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to wmorri

Let me give you a little advice, comming from the other end of that telephone call. I worked in customer support for a local ISP for about a year, and learned a whole lot about computers and the like, but that is another topic. I just wanted to let you know that most of the time the person on the other end of the line is trying the hardest that they can. Most companies don't hire people that are particularly technology savvy, at all. So just keep that in mind when you are waiting on hold for them to come up with an answer and it takes like a dozen or more minutes.

As for the Japanese Indian guys or whatever, if you talk to one named Roy Rogers say hi to him for me. LOL

Linux Forever!

I thought you were a hispanic/african american? Who is the white guy in the pictures?
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 AM   #13
In Runtime

Probably but the Customer Service I talk to tells me what they're eating for breakfast instead of solving my problem.

I do do that, I yell at them, then yell at their supervisor, then if the next guy on the phone is stupid, I yell at him too. One guy didn't even know the proper term for "keyboard", he's like "the board with the clickers on it". URRRAGGGH.

NeciFiX is offline   Reply With Quote