Hmm, do you think I'm a jerk to customer service?

NeciFiX

In Runtime
Yeah, I really get infuriated when I have to talk to customer service, I fly off the handle, holler at them, use my persuasion skills I have fine toned against them, but usually I just right a persuasive yet somewhat angry letter to avoid Indians in customer service (one kept telling me how good his breakfast cream roll was even though it was night time, proving he was on the other side of the world, if only you could hit someone through the phone, eh?), and some yet like MS customer support always call me Ma'am even though I'm a guy, yeah, I don't have a uber deep voice but my 38 year old Mom's boyfriend had the phone on speaker phone talking to customer support and they called him Ma'am too, if you try to correct them they pause and are silent then keep calling you Ma'am.

Anyways, here's the email I sent to the company (I won't say any names unless I can):

Me through E-Mail said:
Somewhere in mid-late December I ordered a ********* *****-*-****, it was defective upon receiving the item. I called numerous times in the next two weeks, having left many messages but still nothing. I was recently in a horrible traumatizing car accident and am afraid to go even NEAR cars and I was simply going to give bad reviews on a numerous sites as I usually do when I get bad products (or post a review on my popular YouTube channel with over 200 subscribers and advice everyone to stay away from your store) but I decided I wanted my money back. I called earlier today and for the first time I got a real-live person, after they picked up they sounded very stern, I could hardly hear them and they seemed like a very rude person, when I stated I could not get it back within the 30 day warranty (it expires in maybe 10-14 days or so) since I refuse to go to the post office (my cars' totaled), I could make a YouTube video showing its defective or what not but I figured that would not convince you and most companies come up with some lame excuse for not returning the item, so I ABSOLUTELY refuse to return it via mail. I was incredibly bummed when I realized a Christmas gift for my friend was defective, figures. I am NOT going to put up with this.

There was one much more aggressive full of threats like as if they murdered my family that I didn't send because my email wasn't working (Hotmail sucks, things wouldn't send, but it turns out for some lame reason the aggressive one DID and so the guy didn't find that all too nice) but it turns out it DID send, uh-oh! I put my order numbers and the Yours Truly crap at the end but you don't need to see that lol. I figured if I could get M$ to refund my OPENED Windows XP that they had no guarantee I didn't install on my PC anyway and just send it back OR have ANY proof I burned it, then, I could get some company that has a good reputation but I had bad service with it refund me about $20.00.

I apologized for the ruder part of the email and explained I didn't mean to send it, but nonetheless I'm pretty happy about it, I guess customer support is my natural calling of true anger, you should see my parents on customer support! I accidentally ordered two webcams of the same time (quite expensive) and we needed to pay bills, we canceled one order in time and only got 1 Webcam but Amazon kept the money on hold for 2 weeks and wouldn't put it back in the card (didn't fax the CC or Bank and just told us it'd be in in 3 days, and yet it never was, since they were just waiting for the hold to drop) finally after tons of yelling on my moms part and thoroughly irritating Amazon they actually did something. Anyways, I feel like a bit of a jerk but I don't know.

I am ordering a lower end 22" LCD which most people love according to the Newegg reviews but there is a few haters, if I hate mine for some reason, either Newegg or Acer is going to get my wrath, same goes with if my PSU or new GPU I'm getting is DOA or doesn't work, but, those aren't as bad. The return policy for LCD's on Newegg is sort of crappy and so is the bulk-item return which I've dealt with both now but, eh, I don't want to risk it a lot. I noticed Newegg has incredibly slow shipping, I order 3-day and get it in five? Same with my last order, most people say it's lightning fast but I find it to be slower than molasses.

You ever have to deal with customer support (probably, if you haven't I hate you for being so lucky) and how do you deal with it? I'm a very nice and friendly pacifist like guy, if you met me in real life you would wonder how I could be so aggressive to poor $2.00 a day earning Indians and sub-par customer service, but, I guess it's in my blood. One time my friend pretended to be customer service (I accidentally called his number instead of Microsoft for the eighth time) and he was acting incredibly stupid pretending like he didn't know what a keyboard was and explaining his lunch schedule and I even went, "Look, Professor Dip****, get me someone qualified to do this NOW before I file a complaint. How you got this job I'll never know."

I think I'm too mean to CC. Anyways, rant over, how about you?

Dang, I knew it, all the poor Indians I have hollered at, I should apologize to them all. I'll get their names... let's see.. Hyung Hai... Fuji Yo... Ahh, forget it.

Yes, Japanese Indians. Makes sense. I forget their names, usually they say it weird and I can't remember it, I remember one was named Tom though.

Newegg doesn't control shipping past the point where they hand it over to UPS. I usually get all my items in 3 days on the nose. If you track it you will see that the package goes all over the place simply according to routes. It's pretty funny to watch how it gets to your place, too.

Hmm. Yeah, I guess you're right. UPS is usually great shipping though, just never get stuff shipped over the weekend. It's a pain. My 22 inch got to Baldwin, WI, 40 miles away, then stopped, right before it got to me. Crap! I hope when they put it on my porch I can get it quick because the words "TWENTY TWO INCH WIDESCREEN ACER LCD MONITOR" in a huge box just laying there, man, someone'd jack it. Good thing I live on a big hill though lol.

dude your crazy if you called me or talked to me like that i would curse you and your whole family then have you directed to me everytime u call so i could laugh and hang up!!

dude your crazy if you called me or talked to me like that i would curse you and your whole family then have you directed to me everytime u call so i could laugh and hang up!!

I can't blame you, customer service is my natural mental illness vent. But, that's just as crazy lol.

i guess but there getting paid to do those things u should yell at the supervisers if you have problems with them or go above them to corporate.get all there info then snitch........also you can have your buddys call for a fake problem and say they had problems if a rep has so many complaints there fired no need to freak up there day freak up there life lol jk.

Back
Top Bottom