Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Default hm, it's about that time.

well, im 17 in 17 days time, and that means i can learn to drive, woo. It has also come to my attention that every IT job i've looked at want me to be able to drive, so it's a worthy investment. But being able to drive is a little useless with no car, so i was wondering if anyone knows any decent cars that can be picked up relatively cheap in the UK?

EVGA SLI Micro Z68 // Intel i5-2500k // 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz // Overclocked 2GB MSI R9 270X // Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 // Kingston Hyper-X 120GB // 2TB WD Green + 500GB WD Black
~Darkseeker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: hm, it's about that time.

i would say for your first car a ford fiesta is a good choice, take a look at Buy used Cars | Second hand Cars for sale - ExchangeandMart.co.uk and maybe ebay to find a car.

My Info :Ex-Owner of Computer Forums .org -- CCA in Citrix Presentation Server 4 + 5 + Xenserver 5.5
Site Info
: Free System Recovery Disk - Latest Articles - Latest Posts - Site Rules
More Info
: If you have any Questions Send Me A PM
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

Definitely start with a used car. Also, if you finance the car, get the gap insurance. IT IS NOT A GIMMICK. It saved me over 20,000 USD in the long run.

I'd go with Ford as a brand. IMO, they make very decent cars that are perfect for first time drivers. Try a Fiesta or Focus (I know Fiesta is in UK, not sure about Focus.) They are not too big, not too small, very comfortable, and fun to drive.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
Send a message via MSN to j03

I'm 17, and passed my test in December. I drive a Renault Clio 1.2 16v. It's pretty reliable, and the insurance is relativly cheap - From the NFU, I pay 540/year for Me, my Mum and my Dad. Some of my friends pay ~2K
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #5

Can't go wrong with a Rover LOL JK!!!!
clacker is offline   Reply With Quote