Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to THEpiGUY
Default HL2: Episode One lockups during loading screen

I've been playing this for a while recently, but I can't progress any further in the game. I'm at the part where (it appears) you're about to get out of the parking garage, taking the elevator up after making a stand against many "Zombines" Anyway, after riding the elevator to the top and coming upon the loading screen, nothing happens. I tried to alt+tab and win logo+L (to log off), nothing. This has happened three times so far, and I waited over an hour for it to load the first time. Is this a common problem, and is there a fix?

Just as I was about to submit this thread, I got an error: "The instruction at '0x0f843e2c' referenced memory at '0x0d6ba1a0'. The memory could not be 'read'. Click on OK to terminate the program". Maybe this has something to do with it? I'm running XP Home, by the way.

EDIT: Problem resolved. I started from my previous save file and all is well.

I think I've decided to leave... maybe I'll come back sometime.
THEpiGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: HL2: Episode One lockups during loading screen

this is a common problem with the steam engine. which computer of yours are you playing it on? and is it a legal version of the game or a downloaded version.

evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to THEpiGUY
Default Re: HL2: Episode One lockups during loading screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev View Post
this is a common problem with the steam engine. which computer of yours are you playing it on? and is it a legal version of the game or a downloaded version.
I'm playing it on my newest system, 1) in my sig; system requirements should be fine. And I downloaded it directly from Steam legally. Thanks for the reply; hopefully this info will help some.

I think I've decided to leave... maybe I'll come back sometime.
THEpiGUY is offline   Reply With Quote