Hit 4Ghz!

it means nothing. its 1mhz off. atleast you tried though :p
just think of all the extra speed your missing out on .. :D

dam good overclock
i havnt had time yet to over clock
im on stock cooler as well
idk think i could hit 3ghz with out a head increase

@ worshipme, congrats man. thats machine has gotta be screamin.

@ mooseman, well i know, it sounds weird. lol. but i do take this one to lan's as well, the little cube case i call my "lan" rig but really it isnt, its in a lan case so i can move it around super easily and take it where i need a computer to do work or somethin like that. i thought about building a rig with a microATX mobo to put in that ultra cube case but i really wanted the full X16 crossfire bandwidth for adding another 4870 way down the road.

@ dude, lol! yea crysis would run soo much faster if i hit 4.0 instead of 3.999 i'd see SUCH a difference, but oh well. :( :p i cant wait till the 4870 gets here this week, the benchmarks are saying it runs 52fps @ 1280x1024 on very high settings! cant wait to see crysis playable, haha.

yea thanks guys, this thing runs awesome at 3.99. ive got it running at 3.7 constantly simply because i can run that without any voltage increases what so ever. it idles at 44c at that oc and doesnt go above 55 under load. all i have to do to achieve that is up the multiplier from 9 to 9.5 and set the fsb to 390 and it runs totally solid.

i think at 420Mhz FSB is where this thing hits a brick wall. not only do i have to increase the cpu voltage, but i have to increase the system voltages and ram voltages as well for this to even boot into windows at 3.99. i guess in a way thats kinda dissapointing, but still its still pretty freakin fast and close enough as you guys said to 4.0Ghz.

oh, one thing i wanted to ask you guys about. CPU-Z doesnt detect the 9.5 multiplier it as well as vista is only detecting the cpu at a 9 multiplier but the bios detects the 9.5. is there a concern there? i didnt figure there was but i think i might want to reflash the bios. i did once already but it froze in the process. thank god for secondary bios :p

anyway, im gonna go run prime95 and take some screenies of cpu-z, but mind you the bios reads the 9.5 multi but cpu-z doesnt seem to pick it up... so it'll look like 3.6 but its really 3.7 or there-abouts.

ok, finally found a sweet spot. ive got it at 3.8 constant with no voltage increases and no errors in prime after 2 hours its currently idling at 42c totally silent :).

Back
Top Bottom