Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to esa193
Default high speed net and 100mgp

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/28/r...-go/#continued

Quote:
That's right: last week at SAE World Congress, Raser Technologies unveiled a prototype Hummer H3 that gets 100 miles to the gallon. Insane, right? We agree. Raser partnered up with FEV to turn the famously non-environmentally sound gas guzzler around. The prototype boasts an E-REV power train engine, and three lithium ion battery packs under the rear of the vehicle. The batteries provide enough juice for about 40 miles, when the range extender starts up, providing an additional 400 miles -- averaging about 100 MPG -- before it needs to be plugged in again. The company is looking to start up low volume production by 2011, though there is no word on possible pricing at this time. Hey -- who says electric cars have to be small, tasteful affairs? Fierce! One more shot after the break.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/28/c...pped-internet/

Quote:
It's been a rough week or so for Big Cable, but it looks like the East Coast's Cablevision's decided to play things a little differently than Comcast and Time Warner: it's just announced that uncapped 101Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 service will be rolling out on May 11 across its entire service area. The best part? It'll cost $99 a month, making it faster and cheaper than any other high-speed package we can think of -- 50Mbps service from Comcast and Verizon is around $140. Not bad at all -- let's hope the competition picks up on it.
if electric vehicals keep coming out with different models and longer battery life
i see a huge revolution in the future of new cars
and haha im on cable vision optimum =P

MacArthur wrestling pwns!
esa193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: high speed net and 100mgp

Thats awesome, if a hummer can get 100MPG just impage what a regular car could get

Old 04-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

I want an electric powered dodge charger.

and if your on cable vision post your speedtest and post it when the 101mbps comes out
Old 04-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

im on the regular nothing extra plan
so im capped

Old 04-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

The car manufacturers need to stop focusing on making cars that get better GAS mileage and start focusing on making cars that run on HYDROGEN. I feel that hydrogen is the future for us, it's the most abundant element in the world and the only by product is water. The only problem is figuring out how to manufacture hydrogen cheaper and easier.

Honda has it right with their FCX Clarity hydrogen powered car. All the others should start following suit.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
The car manufacturers need to stop focusing on making cars that get better GAS mileage and start focusing on making cars that run on HYDROGEN. I feel that hydrogen is the future for us, it's the most abundant element in the world and the only by product is water. The only problem is figuring out how to manufacture hydrogen cheaper and easier.

Honda has it right with their FCX Clarity hydrogen powered car. All the others should start following suit.
wouldn't it be easier to just to plug in a charge instead of going to the trouble of every house having to make its own?
we'd get rid of gas stations ect
then just use wind and solar tide ect green power to make all the energy