Hi! New here, but not to modding

The PSPs (more than 1) that have stripped screw are no longer with me, I gave them away.
but I would take some advice for future reference.

So far, I tried a bigger screwdriver, gluing the screwdriver to the screw, and using that one thing thats suppose to drill the screw to make it able to be taken out easier didnt work, also tried taking to technician places. There might be other methods, but I cant remember them right now.

The PSPs (more than 1) that have stripped screw are no longer with me, I gave them away.
but I would take some advice for future reference.

So far, I tried a bigger screwdriver, gluing the screwdriver to the screw, and using that one thing thats suppose to drill the screw to make it able to be taken out easier didnt work, also tried taking to technician places. There might be other methods, but I cant remember them right now.

There is a kit for cars made by Radioshack. Called X-mods. Get the screw driver set. They have a lot of useful stuff in it. It's only maybe ten bucks.

But the reason being there is a screw driver in the kit that is the PERFECT one. I have used it on all of em and have never stripped a psp screw.

Edit: I don't see it on radioshack.com anymore.. So here is an image of what they look like.
5466YDTFUGUYJ.jpg

I got an xmod car as an birthday present a few years back. They didnt give me an screwdriver though.
I bought some screwdriver made for these small things (size #0, and size #1), and it worked, kind of. They wouldnt budge, so the harder I tried, the more it got stripped (first PSP), on the second, I tried again, and it started to strip too since the screws were stuck. Then I learned a trick from a guy, where I heat up the tip of the screwdriver, then unscrew while the screwdriver was hot (loosens up the plastic making it easier to unscrew), but what the guy didnt tell me was that I am not suppose to reuse the screws that were heated up, so I stripped it screwing the PSP back together.

I got an xmod car as an birthday present a few years back. They didnt give me an screwdriver though.
I bought some screwdriver made for these small things (size #0, and size #1), and it worked, kind of. They wouldnt budge, so the harder I tried, the more it got stripped (first PSP), on the second, I tried again, and it started to strip too since the screws were stuck. Then I learned a trick from a guy, where I heat up the tip of the screwdriver, then unscrew while the screwdriver was hot (loosens up the plastic making it easier to unscrew), but what the guy didnt tell me was that I am not suppose to reuse the screws that were heated up, so I stripped it screwing the PSP back together.
Wow... You got some bad luck lol..

Welcome to the ComputerForums! :D Nice looking mods, I'd love to learn a little from you about keeping the dremel hand steady :p

I love Xmods. Well I used to when alot of people had them and you could actually find someone to race.
Does this count as modding? vvvvvv
52115.jpg

Back
Top Bottom