Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #21
Golden Master

Default Re: Hi Fi smells at loud volume

What kind of system do you have exactly?

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to 88

Oh man you're really going to make me explain my audio set up? It's embarrassing but...well ok.

The "receiver" if you will is from a Panasonic "mini-system" (maybe 380W or something). I have connected to it speakers from other similar mini-systems by Panasonic (which i don't know much about). The subwoofers are two Rockford Fosgate car subwoofers in a box about 3 ft long with some shotty wiring. For what it's worth, it really isn't a bad system for my bedroom. It rocks the house pretty good.

Everything aside from the receiver I got for free.

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #23
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Good luck with that. I have a Sony 2.1 speaker system for my computer, and it performs quite decently in that role, so I'm not knocking your speakers or your brand. It's just that they're not considered the high end audio system you were describing earlier.
I think "boombox" sounds cooler anyway They produce incredible bass and great clear sound so they are perfect for my room (and parties). Also when I said I thought they were high end, I was comparing them to the many Micro/Mini "Hi-Fi" systems on the market today, for example my mate purchased the most expensive Mini "Hi-Fi" in the shop (which the salesman said was the best one they had in the shop, gave us a demo etc), its not as loud nor does it have as much bass as this Sony set. I understand that any real Hi-Fi would be much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 View Post
Oh man you're really going to make me explain my audio set up? It's embarrassing but...well ok.

The "receiver" if you will is from a Panasonic "mini-system" (maybe 380W or something). I have connected to it speakers from other similar mini-systems by Panasonic (which i don't know much about). The subwoofers are two Rockford Fosgate car subwoofers in a box about 3 ft long with some shotty wiring. For what it's worth, it really isn't a bad system for my bedroom. It rocks the house pretty good.

Everything aside from the receiver I got for free.
Why is that embarrassing? sounds good to me (Y)

DESKTOP: Custom Build - HAF 932: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit / Samsung 2433 24" LCD 1920x1200/ 6144 MB RAM DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator/ XFX GTX 260 XXX Edition 896MB/ Intel Core i7 950 @ 4.01GHz/ 500GB Sata II 7200 RPM & 320GB 7200RPM/ 700W Jeantech Storm Modular PSU
vaio-fx is offline   Reply With Quote