Hi everyone...

PC 31

Beta member
After five years with same pc I need something that can handle all media work and hold lots of music.
I do lots of recordings and need to have it where I can edit and modify in many ways, and my Zoom workstation already needs more memory.

What brand would you recommend? I like the way Compaq Pressario looks and what it does, plus the jacks in front, but someone has recommended Apple, and yet I don't like the look of them and have never used them. For all media work which is better or should I look at others?

Also would a laptop be beter than a desktop? My expertise stops at music, so I need suggestions from experts.

Well this all depends on personal preference, if your going to do a lot of travelling or moving around then a laptop is surely the way to go, if not then a desktop is good. I have a Dell myself and i've never had a problem with it but i'm sure people will say it's no good.

So for a question like this i'm saying it's your own personal preferce cause everybody has a different opinion.

Best PCs built are KMCPC pcs :) contact me for pricecs

Other then that do it yourself a trained a monkey can build a PC, trust me I Know thats how I build so many in a day.

*tell monkey manger to get back to installing linux*

if you ask anyone on this forum, they'll tell you to build one yourself, but if you want to buy computers from a major brand, i would go with dell. good prices for good computers, regardless of what others might say.

All the major pc companies are pretty reputable, IMO, there isn't really a "bad" one. It all just comes down to personal preference.

What I would do is come up with some specs that you need and the great members here will look at it and tell you how it is and what you should change.

Oh yeah...And welcome to the forums! :cool:

Well a Dell Desktop in the XPS range is good. they run better than the last Dimension which is Celeron powered.
Anyways, any PC with 1GB RAM and is dual core is good for a desktop. However, if you move, like K-pow said, get a Laptop. This time, I'll go with Toshiba. They work the best. If you have a tendency to drop it or spill stuff sometimes, try a Samsung Toughbook.

If you want to build a desktop PC, then go for it. The price is best there. A laptop is still self-buildable, but you will need to buy a Barebook, CPU, HDD, DVD, battery and wireless card.

All the major pc companies are pretty reputable, IMO, there isn't really a "bad" one. It all just comes down to personal preference.

What I would do is come up with some specs that you need and the great members here will look at it and tell you how it is and what you should change.

Oh yeah...And welcome to the forums!

Guess you haven't workedon a HP Where you need to take out a floppy and 2 HDDs to plug in a PSU. Then remove teh PSU to plug in the 4 pin power.

Yea all PCs rae really good quality, not...

OR where HP goes so utterly cheap on their mobos they will flex, and heat and cool cause the pins of the CPU to get disconnected and make the PC stop working. Its a pain to figure out whats wrong too. Then ya gotta basically take out the entire thing and rebuild it etc.

Also the time where you gotta replace a mobo on a gayway only to find the screws for mobo aren't actually screws they are thumb thingies which you can't get out so you tell the customer theres no way you can remove mobo to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom