Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 AM   #31
Daemon Poster
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,028
Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
This is supposed to be to welcome him, or not, if you feel that way, but arguing in front of new members, towelie as well, why pick on him, he's entitled to his view, this isn't a good advert for CF is it?
Yeah i know, sorry about that...

I just hate it when someone thinks they know me when they don't and tries to put me down. All I was doing was defending myself and Bulgarian to an extent...

I mean, just cause' he's 15, 5'7, 105. So what? For all Sytheious (and anyone else) knows, he may very well go to the gym, but only just starting, or he can't help how much he weighs and he's trying to improve on that.

I just didn't like the way Sytheious spoke to me or Bulgarian, that's all.

As long as Sytheious stays out of my way, everything should be fine.

Anyway... welcome Bulgarian man, have a good time here.
__________________

__________________
Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:54 AM   #32
Fully Optimized
 
mongoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,021
Send a message via AIM to mongoman
Default Re: hi

Hi welcome to CF!!

Quote:
Well, on a side note. Post some pics up i the members photo area.
i should post me
__________________

__________________
||Intel Core i5 @ 4.1ghz||Intel DP55KG||Corsair 750w psu||8gb G. Skill ram||120gb intel ssd 2x 1.5tb WD Green||MSI Gtx 970||
mongoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #33
BSOD
 
Sytheious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 245
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
This is supposed to be to welcome him, or not, if you feel that way, but arguing in front of new members, towelie as well, why pick on him, he's entitled to his view, this isn't a good advert for CF is it?
There was liek a 4 post arguement and liek two pages of welcoming...don't flip out.
Sytheious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #34
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytheious
There was liek a 4 post arguement and liek two pages of welcoming...don't flip out.
Don't tell me not to flip out, just doing my job matey, 4 posts like that is 4 posts too many.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #35
BSOD
 
Sytheious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 245
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Don't tell me not to flip out, just doing my job matey, 4 posts like that is 4 posts too many.
No two pages would be to many. 4 posts is just a heated discussion. And yes, you did flip out, and I can say don't flip out. Reason being is that you focussing on ONE little incident as oppossed to the many greetings he's already recieved. So grats on contributing to the "non-welcoming" posts. Way to go!
Sytheious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #36
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytheious
No two pages would be to many. 4 posts is just a heated discussion. And yes, you did flip out, and I can say don't flip out. Reason being is that you focussing on ONE little incident as oppossed to the many greetings he's already recieved. So grats on contributing to the "non-welcoming" posts. Way to go!
Excuse me, of course he's welcome, it wasn't him I was on about, there should be no "little" incidents, these "incidents" are cropping up too frequently lately, one such broke out recently even in a forum where a member was reporting that a friend's father was dying.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #37
BSOD
 
Sytheious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 245
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Excuse me, of course he's welcome, it wasn't him I was on about, there should be no "little" incidents, these "incidents" are cropping up too frequently lately, one such broke out recently even in a forum where a member was reporting that a friend's father was dying.
It's a forum, things happen. You can't expect to have 100% agreement in the ToS 100% of the time.
Sytheious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:28 AM   #38
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytheious
It's a forum, things happen. You can't expect to have 100% agreement in the ToS 100% of the time.
No, 'spose not, but the last computer forum site I belonged to had zero tolerance in that area, if it it happened, you got a warning, twice, no messing about, the thread was closed, and if you complained about it, very often you were banned, all the mods were humourless & pretty intolerant.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:32 AM   #39
BSOD
 
Sytheious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 245
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
No, 'spose not, but the last computer forum site I belonged to had zero tolerance in that area, if it it happened, you got a warning, twice, no messing about, the thread was closed, and if you complained about it, very often you were banned, all the mods were humourless & pretty intolerant.
That sucks. Mods without humor just flat out suck. If you can't be funny and have a good time without having to say, "Hey! Mod here!" then that sucks. Mods should be able to take critisizm as well as give it out. It's ok Chap though, you're still awesome and are my hero. true story...
Sytheious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:01 AM   #40
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytheious
That sucks. Mods without humor just flat out suck. If you can't be funny and have a good time without having to say, "Hey! Mod here!" then that sucks. Mods should be able to take critisizm as well as give it out. It's ok Chap though, you're still awesome and are my hero. true story...
Well, thank you, & thank you for "chap", yes, it was pretty miserable, that's why I left, I was there about 18 months, no chance of becoming a mod, members couldn't ask, you were picked after a year, if you were very lucky, so I came here, &, still a junior member, got mod status after six weeks.
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0