Hey Dan, check this out

1991 Chevy pu and a 1994 30 ft 5th wheel trailer. They make you go threw a whole bunch of crap just to get the trailer ready to tag! The truck isn't that bad but it costs a bunch!! The License is 35 bucks but can't get it till i have the truck tagged here. We are going back top Az to get my License renewed and then i can get back on the road. Costs 25 bucks and i don't have to run threw all those hoops. My nephew had his truck run and it cost him over 800 bucks just for the truck. He also had a car for his wife and a trailer. Cost him almost $2000 for all his fun and games. Texas is NOT rv friendly!!!!! We will be out of here and going somewhere...else!!

My tags are $85 and I think $25 for my TDL. My carry permit however was $140 for training and $70 for the permit.

Well, Tomorrow i am changing the tie rod ends and then a front end alignment later this week. Next week i am going back to az to get my licence and then back here till the court we want opens a space in Florida. Celery, Nothing personal but this state rapes people!! I lost interest when this crap started up. I don't like government anyway and this state really suck with the rules. Never had that much crap to go thru before, to get a stupid licence!!! Talk about a communist state.

I'm sorry all that happened to you Dan. I wish you luck.

I'm not in the same boat as you so I don't have a problem with Texas.

Hopefully. :rolleyes:

I would not get under the car with just a jack. Get a stand and yes, you can do the job.

If you don't have a splitter use a heavy hammer on the bolt boss. Loosen the nut and beat on the boss til you see/hear the bolt drop.

Yes, you can change the tie rod ends yourself but then you'll need to have a front end alignment done.

Personally, I'd use 2 jack stands. My dad was working under our family car when I was about 10 years old using just a jack. The jack slipped and he was pinned under the car. I was the only other person home at the time. I'm not sure how long he was pinned and yelling for help, I was watching TV at the time and didn't hear him right away. I had to re-position the jack and jack the car off of him. I was scared to death. Fortunately, he only broke his collar bone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom