Hey car guys...

MarxSoccer

BSOD
I need help deciding between 3 different years of the same car. The car is the Chevrolet Impala SS, which they only made in 1994, 95, and 96. I haven't done alot of research, but I'm sure I could find out more with the minds of a few here. Anything you know about the 3 years, and any differences, advantages, etc.. Would help :)

Since I am in Australia, I might not be the best of help but i am in the same boat as you. I can go for my full time licence in about 5 days. I hear that the Impala's are nice and we have an Impala equivalent over here. They are called the Holden Commodore. I would pick the Holden/GM range of vehicle anyday. I had my eye on a 1989 Holden Calais (luxury version of the Commodore) and it was going for $2500 AUD with about 287,000 on the clock. That is very high mileage, but the condition of it was absoloutely brillant. It only had a few scratches on the body and there was no rust at all (and that is a very good thing not to have on this age of car). My dad refused to buy me the old Calais because he said that kind of mileage on a car that old is bound to be trouble but he is probably right but the Calais' in Australia in that condition is very good. I hope you find the vehicle you really want, but I would recommend that you do get something less than 10 years old.

Andy.

Definitly go with whatever has the lowest miles, like Arrizx said.

Man, with a few upgrades to that car you could be stompin' Vettes.

Hell yeah it's a nice car.

Yeah, I've done alot of research and am gonna go with 96. There's a local dealer around here I saw one sitting there, I'm gonna go check what year it is :D

If you are buying late model cars, the newer they are, the better. Don't get stuck with a vehicle with high miles. Newer cars generally are better tuned, more power (depend on the model), more refined, more features, and integrate newer technology such as drive by wire and biometric recognition.

Get the 96 Impala if that's the car you like. If I had a say in it, there are much, much better cars out there besides the Impala. Do you have an alternative choice besides a Chevy Impala? I suggest going import.

I've just always liked the look of it. Plan on putting a nice 572 crate engine it in. Don't really want to go down the ricer lane..

MarxSoccer said:
I've just always liked the look of it. Plan on putting a nice 572 crate engine it in. Don't really want to go down the ricer lane..
Oh man.....now you've really sparked my interest....

Good choice!

Back
Top Bottom