Here's one for the Firefox Fanboys

Bull, just bull.

Why is it that when i run internet explorer, and then run firefox, in task manager firefox takes up less memory?

Hmm... says somethin about the system requirements.

fire fox does eat memory...
ffsff.jpg

ie sucks, way too many popups, and opera is just retarded, always freezes, and is slow as hell

You clearly didn't read that and take notice did you?

Way too many popups hey...

Firstly disable the popup blocker on Firefox, and then enable to popup blocker on internet explorer then tell me which is better...

what's that... you say it wouldn't be a fair test... that's exactly what I thought...
if you get popups in IE. then turn on the popup blocker... it's very simple!

Slow as hell...
I believe the article linked to sources and test results to say otherwise...

(and what's up with firfox taking so damned long to load?)

ie sucks... ...opera is just retarded
Yes... because they are fair arguments that actually mean something!!!

Firefox sucks... because i said it does...
/me smacks head against desk one last time before I quietly die...

To be fair though that article did have a lot of stupidity about it as well...

the first fact about I.e being the most com patible (or campatible with the most sites). just because a lot of people use front page or dreamweaver that codes with bad techniques it doesn't make IE any better...

if we were both shooting and I moved my target closer and hit more, it wouldn't make me a better aim would it?

(kind of an abstract analogy I know).

the guy said he wasn't an MS/IE fan boy... but he blatently is...

at the very end he sits there and says he uses a browser that's actually based on IE!
why doesn't he just cut out the middle man and actually use IE!

He says about how great opera is, yet he sticks with his IE based browser...

the fact is that there is never going to be a fair comparisson is there!

clipboard01cn0.jpg

Firefox uses the most eh?..

Once you open like 5 tabs on both opera and firefox, their memory usage is hardly different, if at all. IE is much lower on usage, but be fair damn it.. it doesn't have tabs.. you'd have to open like 5 windows.. and I feel as though i've infected my PC with opening IE enough as it is.

Note: all 3 of the browsers were closed, opened, and directed towards www.computerforums.org, and that was the amount of memory they each used to get there.

after rebooting my pentium3 PC and starting firefox.. 7 seconds... if thats too much for someone, even if on a PC that old.. they have no patience and should be smacked.

xguynameddavex said:
just incase you didn't know, if you bring a window into focus and press "ctrl+print screen'" and then paste into paint or whatever you use, you'll find that only the window you had in focus will be copied, the rest of your desktop will be left out. :)

Really?? sweet tip dude thanks, but i wanted to make sure people knew that both pages were displaying the same page and not loading or anything, and that no other programs were loaded that could affect the result.

Back
Top Bottom