First of all, I wouldn't like to fall into the self-promotion or advertising post (and then brake any forum rules) so please, mods, if I published this thread in the wrong area, moove (or delete
) it to the relevant place.
"...The word slogan comes from sluagh-ghairm (pronounced slogorm), which is Scottish Gaelic for battle-cry...
Even if, at its origin, the slogan was employed during battles and fights, I found that our sounded a bit aggressive agaisnt our competitors, didn't it?
"Finally a name you can trust
I saw many nice slogans in signatures, here and around, that I thought it might be a useful/interresting idea to ask members their point and view, and their help, on our.
If I am allowed to, I would like to start here a mini-contest or game-event.
Until next wednesday, the 9th of August at 12PM GMT, post here 1 slogan
(to avoid flood post) which desccribes the best WEBDOMAIN
or its activities.
If your slogan is adopted, you'll receive a $10 payment through PayPal.
Below are few guidelines to help you. An effective slogan usually:
- states the main benefits of the product or brand for the potential user or buyer,
- implies a distinction between it and other firms' products - of course, within the usual legal constraints,
- makes a simple, direct, concise, crisp, and apt statement,
- is often witty, if it is required as not all advertising slogans are meant to be witty,
- adopts a distinct "personality" of its own,
- gives a credible impression of a brand or product,
- makes the consumer feel "good",
- makes the consumer feel a desire or need,
- is hard to forget.
It's up to you now, be creative, be inspired and, please, be original.