Help! Media cart, multiple Audio/Video outputs

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
Hi All,
I realize this may not be the best place for this thread, but ... more hypothetical at this point.

First, the background:
Many of you may not understand the separation (as I myself didn't) in the legal system. The District Attorney's office is a separate entity than the courts (judges/clerks/etc). Even though we share a building, their rooms are "off limits" when installing hardware. Hell, to put a wireless node in the ceiling, we had to go through mounds of requests and red tape just to get behind a door to plug something in. So... it is HIGHLY unlikely anything permanent is going to be requisitioned.

Now, in the prosecution of cases, everything is moving to digital formats. Let's say that a Dashcam video of a high speed chase is admitted into evidence. The DA has to setup a projector, screen and speakers around the courtroom that we wheel in, and play any digital evidence.

What we're looking to accomplish:
There are times in certain proceedings where a digital evidence file must be shown to the testifying witness first, and ONLY, before the jury or courtroom observers are allowed to see it, so we need to be able to "project" or "display" a view to a single screen first, then after it's admittance we would display to both the projector and various other screens (prosecution desk, defense desk, witness and jury). Add too, I need good solutions on wireless speakers (the smaller (without too much loss to quality) the better).

I've quickly found a few different solutions (example) but hoping to solicit some experience and/or expertise in the design of a "cart" that would wheel all this crap around.

Penny for your thoughts, and thanks in advance!

Hdmi splitters, lots. Also, i hear good things about sonos wireless speakers, but i think they have to be hardwired into power.

Virtual reality goggles?

You know... for some of the stuff played in court, that might be quite fun. For other things however, I imagine we'd be facing allegations for traumatizing our jury panel.

Hdmi splitters, lots. Also, i hear good things about sonos wireless speakers, but i think they have to be hardwired into power.

I looked up those Sonos speakers and they look promising, but it doesn't seem apparent that I can connect multiple speakers to a single computer output. Currently waiting to chat with a manufacturer about these.

"You can name your speakers - or speaker sets so they are easy to identify." - from: https://en.community.sonos.com/wire...-multiple-sonos-speakers-at-same-time-6763244

sounds like you could distinguish between the judge/witness and the public in general.

This is probably a dumb question, but would audio being out of sync with the video be acceptable? I just had a thought, that the wireless speakers might not be completely in sync with whatever the video is playing on.

Back
Top Bottom