Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to luckyduck Send a message via MSN to luckyduck
Default Help Me!

okay so i have a question bc im slightly retarded at reading guys...

there's this guy in my college psyche class. he is 23 and has been married for a year. i sit at a table of like me and 3 other guys. just giving you a visual. anyway, this particular guy passed me a note today and it said something along the lines of "is it possible to tell someone they are beautiful without them thinking your hitting on them?" and i wrote back "yeah you just tell them 'hey i think youre beautiful, but im not hitting on you.' lol " and he wrote back "well, in that case i happen to find you painfully attractive." i then made sure he was married and asked for how long he had been. he asked why and i said bc my parents got married at 18 and my 17 year old friend just got engaged... all of which is true btw. he wrote back this long paragraph about how he and his wife got married at 22 but that over the past year he learned a lot of new things about her some of which he didnt like, but that they were compassionate and understanding of eachother so they made it work. then class was over.

okay, my questions are:

1) what the hell is painfully beautiful? that almost sounds like an insult... or was it just a wrong adjective?

and 2) was he really hitting on me even though he said he wasnt? if so, i find him attractive as well, though i would NEVER even think about doing anything bc of the whole he's married thing, but i woud like to know so i can avoid him if that is so.

ps-the pink fender is totally an emily original icon :]
luckyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to mongoman
Default Re: Help Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyduck

there's this guy in my college psyche class. he is 23 and has been married for a year. i sit at a table of like me and 3 other guys. just giving you a visual. anyway, this particular guy passed me a note today and it said something along the lines of "is it possible to tell someone they are beautiful without them thinking your hitting on them?" and i wrote back "yeah you just tell them 'hey i think youre beautiful, but im not hitting on you.' lol " and he wrote back "well, in that case i happen to find you painfully attractive." i then made sure he was married and asked for how long he had been. he asked why and i said bc my parents got married at 18 and my 17 year old friend just got engaged... all of which is true btw. he wrote back this long paragraph about how he and his wife got married at 22 but that over the past year he learned a lot of new things about her some of which he didnt like, but that they were compassionate and understanding of eachother so they made it work. then class was over.

okay, my questions are:

1) what the hell is painfully beautiful? that almost sounds like an insult... or was it just a wrong adjective?

and 2) was he really hitting on me even though he said he wasnt? if so, i find him attractive as well, though i would NEVER even think about doing anything bc of the whole he's married thing, but i woud like to know so i can avoid him if that is so.

1)he finds u hot

2)he might have bin tho he should be loal to his wife....idk im only 14 its just my opinion

nice to see u again btw

Old 02-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

Yes, painfully beautiful is a compliment.

And I dunno, maybe.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

lol go tell his wife. end of story
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
In Runtime

1. He finds you very attractive
2. Yes, he was hitting on you
Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to mongoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot
1. He finds you very attractive
2. Yes, he was hitting on you
wow very simple but so so rightly put...
Old 02-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyduck

okay, my questions are:

Yeah defiantly hitting on you, he's going to somehow try to get you in bed because of his wife.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Yep, i agree. He finds you attractive, and he is definately hitting on you. Also, hes a creep (im thinking that coz he is married and hitting on you). Chances are you arent the first he has tried it with, and you wont be the last.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to BamaFan2989

Quote:
lol, that's funny.

but do go tell his wife.
BamaFan2989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to luckyduck Send a message via MSN to luckyduck

you guys are amazing :]

and i dont know who his wife is. ill just start avoinding him.

thanks all!

ps-the pink fender is totally an emily original icon :]
luckyduck is offline   Reply With Quote