Help Im depressed.

Honestly, I'd schedaul an appointment with the family doctor. They usually know a decent amount of info about your family and might be able to help. If your parents need to drive you, just tell them is kinda personal (if that would work in your family) and discuss what's going on with the doctor. He might be able to help you find something to get you happy again. And i'm not just talking about Anti-Depressents.

Also, I find going out for a nice run when I'm feeling down helps.

listen lad I have been where you are now on a couple of times first when I lost my father to a sudden heart attack, he was like my best Friend who I spent hours upon hours fishing with, I was 23 at the time and it knocked the stuffing out me, I went and got dangerously drunk on whiskey (stupid thing now when I think back) I didn't want to know my wife or anybody I was like you are now feeling rock bottom, I eventually was persuaded to get counseling and that helped tremendously, all you need to do is make a list of all your feelings and then take it to your doctor he will put you in touch with the necessary counseling people, The first step is always the hardest please do it for yourself, If you have a good Friend who you can confide in who is prepared to listen and give constructive help back, then by all means go to them, I also lost a baby son which I wish no other person in the world to have to go through, again I slipped down that depressing path as did my wife this time but with more concealing we got it together and now have a beautiful little girl who we dote on, so chin up lad there is always someone who is willing to listen or help.

nah. people always suggest that but i think talking to your friends is better, not some sweaty doctor in a small room, but we all do things differently

Sometimes that is the best thing to do but in other cases a councilor can really help .

I think we all have hard times with parents some people more so than others . I have now come to realise tho that parents are only looking out for you and they want you to stay safe and not get involved in gangs and other crap so even when i totaly disagree with what my parents are telling me not to do i have an argument but afterwards i realise this and thank myself lucky i have caring parents
The things i would do is speak to your parents . Just because you have tried before , try again and again . It may take a few conversations/arguments but if you are consistent then they may get the point
The thing is i would prefer to sort out what has caused this by dealing with your parents rather than take threapy or councilling cos whats to say a few months after councilling your parents will be getting you down again and you will feel the same .Also it is better to let your parents know how you feel cos then . prevention is better than cure and so i say tackle the cause of the problem rather than try and shy away from it .
Just whatever you do dont do anything stupid like harm yourself because whatever you may think i am sure your parents care about you .Also at 16 you have a whole life ahead of you and you could achieve whatever you want .
In the meantime try and get out of the house . spend times at friends houses and just generally chilling with people whose company you enjoy

As for celegorms comment about going out for a run or a jog , that is very good advice . I walk the family dog most nights and i always find the time out walking the dog can be me time . Mainly cos at home it is always noisy a so when i am out walking i take time to reflect back on the day and things in general and realy think about stuff . It also helps me get random shit out of my head and concentrate on what realy matters which is yourself . In life you have to put yourself first . I know this may sound selfish but you cant help anyone else if you arent well mentally and physically yourself

I run allot it does help clear your mind but don't get to carried away pondering things by yourself to long, try to stay around people if you can it stops the stupid things creeping in your mind, I agree with Muz if you persist in talking to your parents like pouring your heart out to them (if thats what it takes) then do it, If they love you they will see immediately how much distress your in and comfort you, and between you and them hopefully you will work things out.

I run allot it does help clear your mind but don't get to carried away pondering things by yourself to long, try to stay around people if you can it stops the stupid things creeping in your mind, I agree with Muz if you persist in talking to your parents like pouring your heart out to them (if thats what it takes) then do it, If they love you they will see immediately how much distress your in and comfort you, and between you and them hopefully you will work things out.

yeah take an hour out max of each day to be by yourself i usualy have between half hour and an hour of this kind of time and i have found in the bast it has realy been benificial when you are feeling stressed or depressed or any other emotions .Too much time on your own can make you go a bit depressed all in its own so if you are already feeling like this then you dont wanna add to it but an hour a day should help you sort issues out in your own mind . Also if the problem lies with your parents they need to change not you
Also try to keep active and busy that way it isnt all you are thinking about . Try and get a small job or volunteer that way you get out of the house and you have something to occupy your mind . This will stop it going round and round in your head which then leads to stupid things that you dont wanna do

Back
Top Bottom