Help

silentsniperxx

Beta member
Ya...im new on the forums so give me time lol. But neway....i would like opinions on the best spyware/adaware/antivirus software out there. Im always getting a bunch of spyware and its really messing up my computer. Im getting sick of it. Also....im trying to upgrade one of my older computers. How hard is it to put a new CPU in? i havent tried it yet. Ive put other stuff in just not that lol. And how do i exactly identify what type of memory i have so i dont mess up when ordering the new ones. Any help at all will b appreciated. Thank you

ok...well...first question the best spyware IMO is spybot-search and destroy, the best adware is ad-aware, the best antivirus according to the public is PC-cillin or sumthing like that ... tho ihave norton. k... second question...CPUs are not hard to put in at all...just read the instructions and don't force it cuz you could bend the little....pointy metal things on the bottom :D. and i dont' know about the memory but you could try dl a program like EVEREST home edition for free and i think it will tell you...now your prolly wondering were to get all this? well....you can get everything at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html except for PC-cillian...and also its a great website to speed up xp!!

lavasoft ad aware
spybot search and destroy
CCleaner
microsoft anti spyware

those should keep your computer spyware free.....

yeah spybot search&destroy is good. but i don't think microsoft anti-spyware is good. I heard a lot of bad news about it. is it upgraded or been patched again(LOL).

first of all, thanks for the help. Now i have a really old computer lol. Not this one, i love this one. But my parents want me to upgrade the older one so they can use it and my bro's can play games. It currently is running on 64 MB SDRAM ona 9Gb HDD. its the slowest thing ever. still has windows 98 and everything. Im going to put more ram and a new HDD in along with a wirless NIC and a new cd drive, maybe a new CPU or something along those lines also. But my question is, if i do this...will i have to get a new power supply and cooling system? like i said before, i no a bit about computers but ive never really built my own and stuff. I no how to put everything in, i just need to no about teh power supply and cooling system. Thx

hmm...it depends on how many wtts the one you have puts out?? and if its a old computer that runs on 64 MB of RAM its most likely either a pentium 1 or 2 ... or mebbie AMD sumthing...but idk much about old computers. and if it is your gonna have to get a new Motherboard so you can upgrade the CPU cuz the socket won't be the same as...any CPUs worth putting in. and if it is a premade computer (ie gateway, dell, ect) then the thing on the back were your Motherboard has all the ports most likely won't come out so you can put the new one in for you new motherboard...make sense? im not good at explaining things. but...this would mean that if you want to put a new CPU in then you would need a new Motherboard, which would mean you would need a new chassis, and the PSU you have most likely won't be enough to power the newer stuff...so i would just suggest getting a whole new computer :D...ask questions if i need to clear anything up...like i said...not good at explaining

alright then.....thanks alot...i'll just tell her that cuz it probably is better to go for the new comp neway. But i also have one more question. I wanna put a new video card in my computer, i have an intergrated video card right now. and i dont no whats the best to go for and everything. mine is 312 SDRAM, Intel Processor. its a compaq( i no its not the best brand but only one i could afford at the time lol. Im putting another 512 SDRAM card in soon but i wanna add a new video card with it. Ne help would b appreciated again lol. Hope i can return the favor to u guys one day lol. Thx

Back
Top Bottom