Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
Beta Member
Exclamation hello there i would like you to meet my computer with two windows folder problem :P

Hey there everyone, my name is malevolentca aka. malevolentcanvas, so i am currently having a problem with my computer now after i installed a new os in it. so basically i was installing it this noon and i encountered different problems installing the OS, such as " the file 'asma' cannot be found or whatever, so after sometime i got tired of the same ol' problem happening again, but this isn't the first time i reformatted a computer, i did a lot already in the past, just this time i installed from sp2 to sp3 winXP..so after a few minutes the installation was complete.. so i was totally surprised :O then while i was installing all my backed up drivers and restarted my computer, msn popped, so i was annoyed with it popping up after boot up, i went to run then msconfig.. then BOOM msconfig was nowhere to be found, i was like "wut??" :O, so i checked my windows folder and looked for this msconfig for myself...then found out that i have a WINDOWS folder on my C, and in my D....they do have the same files inside such as explorer.exe and system32, but on C i found some uninstallers such as, nero uninstaller and warcraftIII..anybody encountering the same problem as i do?

MalevolentCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: hello there i would like you to meet my computer with two windows folder problem

Never had this problem, but as long as you still have your backed up files, then I would format again. If you get errors, you might want to try a different CD drive.
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote