Hello guys, I need your help

rooneyrcjames

Beta member
Hey,

I own a computer repair shop. We currently we are planning on expansion. We are planning to shift to the fourth floor. We need to move lots of things and it would be very difficult to carry this much of weight. When talked with my friend about this he told to use a table lift.
Has anyone used table lifts before?
What are things I shall consider while buying a table lift?
I look forward to getting an answer to my query.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just googled table lifts and I don't think that is what you need. They are, generally, only for lifting items to a table or similar. What you need is what we call a cherry picker. These are stupidly expensive and the ones we used to use would not reach a fourth floor although there are ones that would but they are even more stupidly expensive. I would add a couple of pictures but this forum software is so antiquated it needs me to host pictures on the web and then link to them. Aint gonna do that I'm afraid so you will have to Google them.

I don't follow. You are on the first floor and plan to move to the 4th floor? Move all your equipment there?

Via stairways?

I don't see how a table lift nor a cherry picker will help you there. Sounds like you need some kind of a dolly.

Well a table lift certainly wont help. But some cherry pickers will much higher than a fourth floor but they are big, expensive and are carried on a huge truck with stabilisers. Think fire service turtable ladders for instance. As I said in my reply they do exist but I don't think they would be appropriate. I think the OP will have to bite the bullet and hump it all upstairs.

I see what you mean. The mechanic in me sees this cherry picker pulling engines out. :rolleyes:

As above a dolly is what you need, it is basically a board with wheels from a shopping cart attached.

Sadly still a lot of work!

Back
Top Bottom