Hello

bandit22

Beta member
Hello, I'm new to the board and want to say so far it looks very educational and helpful! I do however I have question for anyone that would perhaps have information on the subject. I'm currently in the process of completing my associate degree in computer science and then planning to complete my bachelor's. I have recently gotten in trouble that resulted in a federal felony for Bribery, its my first and only offense. I recieved probation as punishement but fearing that this will haunt me for the rest of my life and not allow be to go down the path i was on, career wise. I am also a Veteran of the united states army and simply made one very costly error. Before i completed my degree's and start to get all of my certs. i was wondering if Im gonna to have a chance at making it at all in this career field. I just dont want to waste all my money and time on something that I will not be able to use. Thanks alot for any opinions/help.

Hell no man no way people would employee you in that field unless its not on your criminal record I don't see a problem, also if your doing your own business then its ok

If you're applying for a job, and you have exactly the same ammount of certs as a guy with a clean record, he's gonna get the job. Basically every cert is a positive rep, and criminal records are negative rep. Bribery isn't that big of a deal, if you killed a guy or something hell no people wouldnt hire you, but you shouldn't give up on your career just because of a mistake.

Just have to go on, and live with the hand your dealt

Back
Top Bottom