Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-25-2007, 08:01 AM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: A Heart-Warming Message from the RIAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudster816
they cant i bet 50%+ of the torrents and P2P downloads are located on servers in 3rd world countrys who dont inforce international copyright laws. whats the US and UK goverment going to do about the servers in other countrys
ill admit i download music for free but why come after a kid who downloads a song a week. they shouldnt crack down on the downloaders but the uploaders. i NEVER upload.
true! without the uploaders there wouldnt even be illegal stuff to download, ie: no piracy. cracking down on people who download a few mp3's is just wasted time and money. ....i dont want them to crack down on anything though

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz379
its my wallet that tells me to keep downloading , i cant afford to pay for all the cd's that i have downloaded , and i will buy a cd's occasionally ,
same. nearly 10 for the latest cd's and half the tracks are crap. i think its also the convenience of sitting at home and downloading an album quicker than going to the shops

Old 03-25-2007, 08:07 AM   #22
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se
true! without the uploaders there wouldnt even be illegal stuff to download, ie: no piracy. cracking down on people who download a few mp3's is just wasted time and money. ....i dont want them to crack down on anything though

same. nearly 10 for the latest cd's and half the tracks are crap. i think its also the convenience of sitting at home and downloading an album quicker than going to the shops
i would usually download a few of the tracks of an album, not the whole album , also you are soving the environment , think of all the plastic thatwould be saved and paper in cd inserts

Old 03-25-2007, 08:10 AM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

Quote:
i would usually download a few of the tracks of an album, not the whole album , also you are soving the environment , think of all the plastic thatwould be saved and paper in cd inserts
hahaha yeah i never thought of it like that.
i usually download individual songs but ive found some great albums lately.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #24
Golden Master

Quote:
Haha, that's true!
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #25
Fully Optimized

well, those are good arguments but you can use itunes, or some thing on walmarts website, or the zune player music store, to download single songs for $.99, but i'm still voting for not shutting down P2P's lol
Old 03-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #26
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet
well, those are good arguments but you can use itunes, or some thing on walmarts website, or the zune player music store, to download single songs for $.99, but i'm still voting for not shutting down P2P's lol
only thing with i tunes is it will only play on 5 diff computers , and you can only put it on your i pod and you can probably only put zune store music on your zune
Old 03-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #27
Fully Optimized

Quote:
only thing with i tunes is it will only play on 5 diff computers , and you can only put it on your i pod and you can probably only put zune store music on your zune
really, never knew that, that kinda sucks, well atleast with p2p, you can play however many times you want on any computer lol
Old 03-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #28
BSOD

If you can actually name ONE person who lost their job due to pirating I'll stop. Until these, "thousands and thousands" of peopel who apparently lost their jobs due to pirating are actually named, then I'll take that as one BS statistic.

So, if you can NAME just ONE person who lost their job due to pirating, then sure, maybe I'll stop...

EDIT: To counter the lost jobs to pirating. Pirating has got millions of people jobs, P2P companies need workers...so in the end, it balances out. So why complain? Oh, and their checks get taxed too.
Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #29
Baseband Member

haha stfu. All music artists have money comming out of their asses...
hankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #30
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Hell, piracy literally built Romania. Becides, artists hardly make money from album sales anyways, it's the publishers and record labels that make the big bucks.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote