Health and muscle

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Hello, I need some tips, I have just started a program for push ups to gain strength, I also have cut down from 10 cigs a day to 3 a day, and I need to know what is good for bones?? what food is good to eat for me to gain more strength and healthy inside.

I drink 3 pints of milk a day and have been doing for the past year.

Now I need to know some answers of what's the best way to gain strength and eat healthy ? What food products do I need to buy?

Is Pasta good?

fo strength you should just to full body workouts 3 days a week. or do the ghetto work out and get ripped like me. if you are too lazy to go to the gym or the street just do some push ups chin ups, crunches and for you for your for arm use the INTERNET and your hand.

dont do pushups. if you insist on doing pushups however, do them right at least. get sonme weights and do pushups with the back of the hand facing out while holding the dumbell to lessen strain on wrists. pushups are highly ineffective compared to bar or weights workouts.

I think push-ups, sit-ups, Jumping Jacks, Running, and then pull ups etc. are the best way to build muscle. Weights make you move in different directions than you would normally move. Like the normal punch. It's an extension of the arm. Using weights makes that movement kinda awkward most of the time.
For Tae Kwon Do I do 50 for each for a warm up, then go to running and then to kicking and curriculum. I personally hate weights etc because there useless. Sure you get huge muscles, but you don't have the endurance.

Rule of Weights:
More Repetitions less weight = Tighter, leaner, and higher endurance muscles
Less Repetitions More Weight = Bigger, bulkier, and less endurance muscles

What good is does it do you if you can bench press 200 pounds but you can't do it more than one time, or hold it for a minute?

The good thing about fitness is that you can learn things like fighting, while you practice. Get some boxing gloves and practice on something like a support beam(Hitting them too hard scares the hell out of you and shakes the house). Don't hit hard, just tap and practice on speed. In no time you will be sweating and have learned a bit of bunching combos.

Also be sure to work the lower body, not just the upper body. The foundation must be stronger than the upper body to support it and give it more power.

Lengthy post, but I like staying fit and talking about it. It's almost sad how people in my High School complain when they do 10 push-ups! That and the obese rate in my school is through the roof!

You need to have a goal. You're either going for strength, mass or endurance. Doing xxxx push ups and sit ups everyday won't make you any kind of gains in real mass, but it will improve your endurance greatly.

To get stronger, you must work on the compound exercises such as squat, dead lift and bench press. These work multiple muscle groups in one movement, do not think you'll get big doing curls all day. Do 4-5 sets with low repetitions at the MAX weight you can complete those sets at with decent form. Once you've made sufficient strength gains, you can move onto a proper split training each body part once/twice a week.
And eat 5-6 meals a day. Oats for breakfast, a few eggs mid morning, balanced lunch etc and drink milk and water throughout the day.. Eat every 2-3hrs. Also make sure you keep yourself hydrated.

I personally don't give a shit about endurance. :D

lol thanks alot guys, this site I'm doing:

http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

I'm on the 1st day, 2mo I can do more push ups.

I started eating Pasta now and chicken every sunday normally.

I like kicking and punching, I always do it in the kitchen now and again, lol.

So now I'll start doing pushups and situps, also I walk alot and run now and again, my legs have very big muscle as I use to run and train for my own town.

Thanks +1

Honestly that program is useless, you may as well just walk to the fridge and back. Unless you really aren't at all in shape, I suggest you try something a little more strenuous.

Eh, it's all what your goal is. If you want endurence, then go for it, if you want Bulk, go for it.
Personally, I warm up with a set of like 30 pushups, then move on to what ever exercises I am doing for the day.
One day I will do:
Reverse curls
Curls
Shoulder exercises
Bench press

Then the next day:
Ab work
Skull Crushers
Pull-downs
tricep extensions

I do a bit of toning and max. Like for bench, I put on 135, do 2 ssets of 8, then 145 2 sets of 6, and finally one set of 4 at 155.

I'm not a fan of pyramiding. I stretch properly, do a quick warm up, then the the good old 5x5.

if you are going to do pushups, do them right at least.

look forward and come down either below or at your elbows.

looking down puts strain on your back and does you no good.

I think push-ups, sit-ups, Jumping Jacks, Running, and then pull ups etc. are the best way to build muscle. Weights make you move in different directions than you would normally move. Like the normal punch. It's an extension of the arm. Using weights makes that movement kinda awkward most of the time.
For Tae Kwon Do I do 50 for each for a warm up, then go to running and then to kicking and curriculum. I personally hate weights etc because there useless. Sure you get huge muscles, but you don't have the endurance.

Rule of Weights:
More Repetitions less weight = Tighter, leaner, and higher endurance muscles
Less Repetitions More Weight = Bigger, bulkier, and less endurance muscles

What good is does it do you if you can bench press 200 pounds but you can't do it more than one time, or hold it for a minute?

The good thing about fitness is that you can learn things like fighting, while you practice. Get some boxing gloves and practice on something like a support beam(Hitting them too hard scares the hell out of you and shakes the house). Don't hit hard, just tap and practice on speed. In no time you will be sweating and have learned a bit of bunching combos.

Also be sure to work the lower body, not just the upper body. The foundation must be stronger than the upper body to support it and give it more power.

Lengthy post, but I like staying fit and talking about it. It's almost sad how people in my High School complain when they do 10 push-ups! That and the obese rate in my school is through the roof!

not exactly true. using weights as tools to force muscles to becoming stronger does not limit endurance at all. who says that weights are just for lifting? you can carry weights (wrist weights) throughout the day without feeling anything but a slightl heavier arm that is being less and less heavy as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom