Health care latest: House debating Republican objections

No public option. You have to have it. But part of it is that companies have to insure their employees, all of them, which is stupid. It's costing John Deere something like 150 million, which is about 15% of it's profit... Meaning, prices are going to go up a bit. My friend's dad owns a restaurant, and he now has to insure most of his workers. Very bad time for a reform like this.

Amen

No public option. You have to have it. But part of it is that companies have to insure their employees, all of them, which is stupid. It's costing John Deere something like 150 million, which is about 15% of it's profit... Meaning, prices are going to go up a bit. My friend's dad owns a restaurant, and he now has to insure most of his workers. Very bad time for a reform like this.

Very bad time for a necessary reform. In my AP gov't class we broke down the bill a little bit. From what I've seen, I approve.

I think this bill is a very good example of why a majority should not rule in favor of either party.
With every Republican casting their vote no and some Democrats voting no.
The Democrats still have the majority to pass the bill.
Basically the Republicans have no say in any bill that goes through. It's ridiculous.
Neither party should have a majority.
I personally believe they need to split the seats down to 50/50, or to include independents in a category 45/45/10.
(Only 10 because I don't believe there are many independents are there?)
This way all views of both majoring parties are equally part of every bill.

I think this bill is a very good example of why a majority should not rule in favor of either party.
Basically the Republicans have no say in any bill that goes through. It's ridiculous.
I personally believe they need to split the seats down to 50/50, or to include independents in a category 45/45/10.

Only in a perfect democracy, my friend. You split the Congress 45/45/10 or 50/50 and you'll get nothing done.

Only in a perfect democracy, my friend. You split the Congress 45/45/10 or 50/50 and you'll get nothing done.

That is simply not true, on the health care bill individuals from both parties voted no. Denying a bill or passing a bill; they are both getting something done. Only bills that benefit both parties aka all of America will pass. With a leading majority like it is now, only 50 percent of Americans will approve of the bill.
(Given that and if Americans are split equally 50/50)

Bipartisanship my friend, bipartisanship.

Yet, I didn't see any bill that the republicans ran against this bill. Maybe if there was another option...

I also heard there are random taxes included in the bill, just thrown in there, because they knew no one would read all 2700 pages in the few days Obama gave them.

Trust me, you do not want the US to adopt Canada's system. It takes weeks to get an appointment there because the doctors get very little pay and there are too few of them, and people go to the doctor for stupid reasons because the bill is on taxpayers, not them, so if you have the flu or something, it's either tough it out or go to emergency.

At least this is what I have heard, and there is some major evidence of it, when you consider that up near the border, a lot of Canadians will come into the US and pay full price for US healthcare so they do not have to wait. I worry that this might happen in the near future.

There is no medical need to go to the doctor's when you have the flu buddy. They can't do anything. Also, getting an appointment already takes weeks as it is. I dunno what doctors you are seeing.

If we have any kind of limit like that, how is it a democracy? That'd just cause more issues.

There is no medical need to go to the doctor's when you have the flu buddy. They can't do anything. Also, getting an appointment already takes weeks as it is. I dunno what doctors you are seeing.

There is a need for a doctors excuse if you are missing a week of school/work.

Idk my doctor takes about three days to get an appointment.

There is a need for a doctors excuse if you are missing a week of school/work.

Idk my doctor takes about three days to get an appointment.

Meh. I've missed a week of school and they have never asked for a note. Not once. Its really an invasion of privacy if they need a note from your doctor.

Back
Top Bottom