Heads up gang

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I see you're getting hit with the 3 post spammers as well. I'd be real careful clicking on any of the links.

Hmm most of them were BF2Player and were just an offensive image hosted externally but yeah I've seen a Jessica Alba one the other day that lasted about 10mins or more.

We really need more moderators, that's for sure.

0012phzc.gif

yea its good to give warnings. some people might think the links are genuine, might just try it out of curiousity, or might like the naughty pics :p
we just need to work together to solve this issue, and yea more mods would deff help.
oh and thats a great pic thrashshredder. dont think ive ever given you a +1 so theres no time like the present :)

Ehh I volunteer'd but never got a response.

Many people would volunteer to be a moderator, but its really not how it works. They come to you if their interested.. otherwise everyone would think, "I'm ready for moderator."

I don't know how many people are not interested in being a moderator. :p

Yeah. If you wanna be a Mod, i'd imagine the best way to achive it, is by not asking to be one :)

Yeah. If you wanna be a Mod, i'd imagine the best way to achive it, is by not asking to be one :)

That certainly helps..

I enjoy CF either way.. if I was a moderator, or just a Guru.. I enjoy it.

Its all about finding people for the position who are mature, available, and also not "power seeking" if I may. See, its usually people who want moderator because they like the sense of control and or power.. In this case, we're all a community and very likely, you'll rarely use your "power" because the members are well behaved.

The one responsibility for a moderator, most of the time, would be to ban the spammers and clean up the mess that they've left. So in essence, your a very important janitor for the community.. :p

Honestly man, if you want it to help out the community.. thats great, but.. you'd be helping out even more by getting your friends here and posting, and helping out. All the moderators do that, but they also did it BEFORE they were moderator.. ;-)

By the way, thanks for the heads up seti.. we can never be to alert about these spammers.. I don't wanna see any more disturbing images like yesterday.

Thanks for the help Seti. I'll get this stickied for the time being to make sure it gets seen.

Like it was said above, we don't really look at volunteers. Odds are, if you are good enough your name is on the table if we do decide to get more mods.

this really doesnt need to be stuck..

most of the spammers recently have been from a couple of IP's, either that, or its bf2player showing what a moronic idiot he is..

Back
Top Bottom