Headphones

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know of a kickass pair of headphones.

Has anyone ever had some decent headphones on, with the bass on then take both your hands, cup them around the phones, and push them onto the ear. Do they have headphones that give off that feeling and sound without having to cup and push to ear.?

I want headphones that will give the effects of that..

anyone know of a good pair.

AmericanSensei

i have some magaine somewhere with that information in it... ill just rummage around and find it...

here it is *dusts off magazine* its old... Jan 2002...
NB: PRICES ARE IN AUD

Value award went to the Phillips SBC HP890's. theyre $149.95 at time of printing some 3 years ago!!!!

Power award went to the Sony MDR F-1's. theyre $649 at time of printing!

but for decent quality u could try the following:
Sony
--MDR-CD280's $92.95

AKG
--K55's $79
--K501's $419

Sennheiser
--HD500's$259.95

Koss
--PRO/4AA $299
--QZ99 $189.95

mind u i dunno what is out now.

oh and u could try ducttaping them to ur head for the cupping effect!!!!

hehehehe

Ones that go over the ear, like enclosed ones (small DJ ones) would give this effect since it creates an enclosed space so bass has to go back into the ear. These also tend to have bigger drivers/cones so the bass tends to be louder too.

The ones that just slot into the ear, and have no air effect, or cushion would need to be pushed in since alot of sound would escape. So getting enclosed ones are also good for people who like to have the volume up, yet don't want to disturb anyone.

This is an example of an enclosed one if you don't know what the heck i'm talking about :p :

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00002JXG8.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
http://www.dmcrecords.com.au/images/product/3_305.jpg

(Though you can get smaller ones that look more street wise that would do the same thing by the way)

Note: Those headphones are way too expensive :eek:
Even ones costing $80 would give a good effect if they were enclosed... and you could probably get a good make too...
..though I'm in the UK, I'm guessing $80 to be about £60 which would get you a good pair...

Hope this helps :)

haha, i dont see anything wrong with my ipod headphones... they work, and give good quality output...

Yeah but thats not what AmericanSensei is asking.

Hes wanting to know about headphones that cover sound and deliver bass that doesn't dissapate away from the ears. In ear headphones like those from I-pods wouldn't help for this.

Do you like the In-Ear ones that have like a rubber piece that goes in your ear? Or is it like those big-ass DJ, studio style headphones?

u should get griffin erajams or ibuds
they attach to yer ipod headphones

i have the ibuds, they are silicone cones that come with 3 pairs in a pack, small, medium, large

they deliver awesome bass, but with some treble loss
i would recommend em

The DJ style ones dont have to be big! They are the most powerful though for bass response since they collect all the sound and bounce them back into your ear unlike in ear ones that tend to leak...

Back
Top Bottom