He says he's God...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love the megalomaniacs in our world today. Another reason why I'm athiest. Nothing against God, but his fan club is just too cooky.

Yeah that's why i don't go to church very much any more. Do i believe in God, yes, do I believe in Christ, yes, it's faith and nothing more on my own part, but things like this just reassure every other person of why NOT to believe in something, such as yourself. Which is in no way an insult, I'm just agreeing with you on why you say you're atheist, and I completely see your point.

One thing to note, as the article said, it brought in over $1.4 million dollars. Hmmm...scam anyone? And look at the fame he's getting, fame = money. Hmmm...

Must be an easy way to get some fast cash, claim to be god, get some dumbasses to follow you, and boom insta1million dollars. Man, Brookfield you should've done that before you retired...:D

Jenox said:
Yeah that's why i don't go to church very much any more. Do I believe in God, yes, do I believe in Christ, yes.
I don't believe any more, since my lovely wife died of cancer aged 62, too young, far too young. I miss her so much.

Brookfield said:
I don't believe any more, since my lovely wife died of cancer aged 62, too young, far too young. I miss her so much.

I would imagine so. I've seen the look in my grandparents eyes when i talk about my grandpa and what not. I wouldn't say I know the feeling, but I will say I understand. But on the brighter things, through loss you learn more about yourself, and in a way you learn more about the person you lost, because that's when true feelings and emotions get spoken and seen, from yourself and through others. :)

Jenox said:
I would imagine so. I've seen the look in my grandparents eyes when i talk about my grandpa and what not. I wouldn't say I know the feeling, but I will say I understand. But on the brighter things, through loss you learn more about yourself, and in a way you learn more about the person you lost, because that's when true feelings and emotions get spoken and seen, from yourself and through others. :)
I see where you are going with this, but nothing, absolutely nothing will get me to believe again, we'd been married 40 years, she was my wife & a good friend, can't say any more, I'm welling up as I type this, sorry.

Jenox said:
Must be an easy way to get some fast cash, claim to be god, get some dumbasses to follow you, and boom instant 1million dollars. Man, Brookfield you should've done that before you retired...:D
I guess you're joking, this David Icke lived just 10 miles from me, *shudder*, he used to go round canvassing, yuck, he might have called on me!!!

Brookfield said:
Im with ya there mate, im in a similar situation. Both my parents died at a young age, I dont believe there is a god, and i find it hard to understand why so many people believe in something they havent seen. Thats just my opinion, no offence intended to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom