HD DVD Player

ok lets clear this up once and for all because although most people when saying HDTV would pronounce it eightch the correct way of pronouncing H is Hatche therfore the first letter is H just imagin a well spoken english man saying the letter H it starts with a H and seeing as we are talking properly spoken grammer it would therefore be A Hatche Dee Tee Vee

ugh dude, i hate to break it to ya, but you dont pronounce "H" as "heightch"

its eightch, or "aitch"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_alphabet

Letter Letter name (IPA)
A a /eɪ/
B bee /biː/
C cee /siː/
D dee /diː/
E e /iː/
F ef /ɛf/ (spelled eff as a verb)
G gee /dʒiː/
H aitch /eɪtʃ/, or /heɪtʃ/ in Hiberno-English and sometimes Australian and British English
I i /aɪ/
J jay /dʒeɪ/, or sometimes jy /dʒaɪ/ in Hiberno-English.
K kay /keɪ/
L el /ɛl/
M em /ɛm/
N en /ɛn/
O o /oÊŠ/
P pee /piː/
Q cue /kjuː/
R ar [ɑɹ] or [ɑː] (see rhotic and non-rhotic accents)
S ess /ɛs/ (spelled es- in compounds like es-hook)
T tee /tiː/
U u /juː/
V vee /viː/
W double-u /ˈdʌb(ə)l juː/
X ex /ɛks/
Y wye /waɪ/
Z zed /zɛd/; zee /ziː/ in American English

ok can we agree thats it is a difference in opinion because i dont want mods to think that we cant handle a discussion.

my opinion is that it is pronounce heightch

your opinion its pronounce eightch

im agreed its a difference of opinion

hang on i just looked at wikipedia and according to your source which granted you didnt crete that web page it is official and millions of people go there for information.

but accoring to that web page there is no need for the letter H in the alphabet because you can say every single letter in the alphabet without the letter H so it is never pronounced ?

its just stupid. ( again your not stupid and you have great evidence my disscusion is no longer with you)

wiki pedia is STUPID

i think this calls for a more reevant thread !

ok can we agree thats it is a difference in opinion because i dont want mods to think that we cant handle a discussion.

my opinion is that it is pronounce heightch

your opinion its pronounce eightch

im agreed its a difference of opinion

hang on i just looked at wikipedia and according to your source which granted you didnt crete that web page it is official and millions of people go there for information.

but accoring to that web page there is no need for the letter H in the alphabet because you can say every single letter in the alphabet without the letter H so it is never pronounced ?

its just stupid. ( again your not stupid and you have great evidence my disscusion is no longer with you)

wiki pedia is STUPID

i think this calls for a more reevant thread !

yea i respect your opinion, and no, i didnt create the wikipedia page lol

well the letter eitch is pronounced in "how" lol

but i mean in abbreviations, you dont says heitch tee em ell, do you? i say eitch, you say heitch. i've never heard enyone say heitch

Back
Top Bottom