HD DVD Player

A HD sounds perfect, what you mean? :p

Anyhow, how did we get onto this again? haha

i dunno but its 5 past 1 and im sitting here havin a conversating about weather it shud b .

AN HD Television or A HD Televison.

AN SD Memory Card or A SD Memory Card ?

Ok wow we got into a discussion about correct grammer , in theory you only use "An" if its a vowel in the first letter , example an elephant an aeroplane
where as if its a consenant you just use an a example a computer or a box

Ok wow we got into a discussion about correct grammer , in theory you only use "An" if its a vowel in the first letter , example an elephant an aeroplane

unless it the beginning sound is a vowel sound, like "an hour" the beginning sound is "ow" o is a vowel so "an" is the proper starter thingy

http://www.english-zone.com/grammar/a-anlessn.html

yea but HD isnt a word, is it.... its an ABBREVIATION

if you want hi def movies get a PS3, it has a built in movie player, and its a PS3 so its a toufer.

ok my friend i was talking about a £30 DVD Player you just told me to buy a £400 console ?

unless it the beginning sound is a vowel sound, like "an hour" the beginning sound is "ow" o is a vowel so "an" is the proper starter thingy

http://www.english-zone.com/grammar/a-anlessn.html

o and if you read your only website then it says the only reason that it is An hour is because the H is silent ....... the H is not silent in HDTV

ok my friend i was talking about a £30 DVD Player you just told me to buy a £400 console ?

o and if you read your only website then it says the only reason that it is An hour is because the H is silent ....... the H is not silent in HDTV

well you could only use "a" when sayin HDTV if you would say "haightch dee tee vee". HDTV is an abbreviation, and if you were to spell it out as a word, it would be eightch dee tee vee. and when you say eightch (H), the first letter of that word is E (a vowel), meaning that you would use "AN" istead of "A" infront of the abbreviation (HDTV)

well you could only use "a" when sayin HDTV if you would say "haightch dee tee vee". HDTV is an abbreviation, and if you were to spell it out as a word, it would be eightch dee tee vee. and when you say eightch (H), the first letter of that word is E (a vowel), meaning that you would use "AN" istead of "A" infront of the abbreviation (HDTV)

ok lets clear this up once and for all because although most people when saying HDTV would pronounce it eightch the correct way of pronouncing H is Hatche therfore the first letter is H just imagin a well spoken english man saying the letter H it starts with a H and seeing as we are talking properly spoken grammer it would therefore be A Hatche Dee Tee Vee

Back
Top Bottom