Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #21
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: HD DVD Player

A HD sounds perfect, what you mean?

Anyhow, how did we get onto this again? haha
__________________

__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #22
Fully Optimized
 
ssc456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,279
Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: HD DVD Player

i dunno but its 5 past 1 and im sitting here havin a conversating about weather it shud b .


AN HD Television or A HD Televison.

AN SD Memory Card or A SD Memory Card ?
__________________

__________________
He who has never failed has never attempted anything worth succeeding at.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #23
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: HD DVD Player

An SD sounds fine, its An HD that sounds strange
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #24
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: HD DVD Player

if you want hi def movies get a PS3, it has a built in movie player, and its a PS3 so its a toufer.
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #25
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: HD DVD Player

Ok wow we got into a discussion about correct grammer , in theory you only use "An" if its a vowel in the first letter , example an elephant an aeroplane
where as if its a consenant you just use an a example a computer or a box
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #26
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: HD DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Ok wow we got into a discussion about correct grammer , in theory you only use "An" if its a vowel in the first letter , example an elephant an aeroplane
where as if its a consenant you just use an a example a computer or a box
unless it the beginning sound is a vowel sound, like "an hour" the beginning sound is "ow" o is a vowel so "an" is the proper starter thingy

http://www.english-zone.com/grammar/a-anlessn.html
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #27
Golden Master
 
borat_sagdiyev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,986
Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: HD DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Ok wow we got into a discussion about correct grammer , in theory you only use "An" if its a vowel in the first letter , example an elephant an aeroplane
where as if its a consenant you just use an a example a computer or a box
yea but HD isnt a word, is it.... its an ABBREVIATION
__________________
Core 2 Duo e4500 2.2ghz @ 2.8ghz
evga 650i ultra
2gb 400mhz ram OC'ed to 450
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 AM   #28
Fully Optimized
 
ssc456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,279
Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: HD DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
if you want hi def movies get a PS3, it has a built in movie player, and its a PS3 so its a toufer.
ok my friend i was talking about a 30 DVD Player you just told me to buy a 400 console ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
unless it the beginning sound is a vowel sound, like "an hour" the beginning sound is "ow" o is a vowel so "an" is the proper starter thingy

http://www.english-zone.com/grammar/a-anlessn.html
o and if you read your only website then it says the only reason that it is An hour is because the H is silent ....... the H is not silent in HDTV
__________________
He who has never failed has never attempted anything worth succeeding at.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #29
Golden Master
 
borat_sagdiyev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,986
Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: HD DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
ok my friend i was talking about a 30 DVD Player you just told me to buy a 400 console ?



o and if you read your only website then it says the only reason that it is An hour is because the H is silent ....... the H is not silent in HDTV
well you could only use "a" when sayin HDTV if you would say "haightch dee tee vee". HDTV is an abbreviation, and if you were to spell it out as a word, it would be eightch dee tee vee. and when you say eightch (H), the first letter of that word is E (a vowel), meaning that you would use "AN" istead of "A" infront of the abbreviation (HDTV)
__________________
Core 2 Duo e4500 2.2ghz @ 2.8ghz
evga 650i ultra
2gb 400mhz ram OC'ed to 450
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #30
Fully Optimized
 
ssc456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,279
Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: HD DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev View Post
well you could only use "a" when sayin HDTV if you would say "haightch dee tee vee". HDTV is an abbreviation, and if you were to spell it out as a word, it would be eightch dee tee vee. and when you say eightch (H), the first letter of that word is E (a vowel), meaning that you would use "AN" istead of "A" infront of the abbreviation (HDTV)
ok lets clear this up once and for all because although most people when saying HDTV would pronounce it eightch the correct way of pronouncing H is Hatche therfore the first letter is H just imagin a well spoken english man saying the letter H it starts with a H and seeing as we are talking properly spoken grammer it would therefore be A Hatche Dee Tee Vee
__________________

__________________
He who has never failed has never attempted anything worth succeeding at.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0