Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-09-2006, 03:27 AM   #1
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Having second thoughts...requesting advice!

Ok, a few months ago, I devoted to myself that I was going to join the Army the instant I turned 17. Well, November came and went, I didn't join due to advice from my parents and from some friends.

But latly, I've been thinking: What ARE my passions? I could relativly only conclude a few things...one of which was my will to serve.

So, I'm requesting advice fomr everyone on this subject. I know, computers offer a career that could get me a lot more money, however, would I be happy doing the same thign day in and day out? I do not know. This is why I need advise. So...anyone up to offer a suggestion?

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:43 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Having second thoughts...requesting advice!

Why dont you go into the army as IT and comms? You can move around in the forces, so you can find what your passions are.

99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:44 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

it's your decision, go for it!
joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I highly discourge the army due to their pay being low compared to other braches such as the air force. The basic is extremely hard, and its not a high acadmic branch. I believe the air force WOULD BE MUCH BETTER FOR YOU. The Air Force is a great way to serve your country its safe and you ain't going die but still do a critical part for your country. The army seems like the first choice because its glofied I mean you can't really make sititng in a office gloryified which I believe is the common image of the air force but its not. I suggest you join the air force. They treat their poeple WAY BETTER. And you get all of the same assigments (overseas wise) that the arymd oes since army and air force work closely together. Also since the army is large then the airforce you get paid slightly more in the air force. I have a faimly member who served in the air force and army. He says he never understood why he took the army in the first place. Air Force is a MUCH BETTER CHOICE. I come out of a military faimly I know better then most on this message board.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
In Runtime

as someone above said .. a comprmise; IT with in one of the mitarly forces .. you could go to the RAF and be a Plance computer technition guy
Zack_Wylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Hmmm...a Marine recruiter was at school today. He had a challenge for us, which I participated in. We had to do 13 pull-ups for a lanyard, and 15 for a T-Shirt, I only did 10, which isn't bad considering I haven't been in shape for nearly two years. But hey, I beat a majority of the guys who tried so I'm happy with it.

He also said they had a Networking MOS. Which I like. I don't know, I think I can join the military, then have a good career once I get out of it. I don't know..
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

The marines is most likely the worst decision you can make if its for finaical. Marines are a part of the Navy. What the Navy doesn't spend you get. So if the navy spends a lot one month your paycheck may not be as large as the month before. I suggest the air force your paycheck is sercued and only will go up.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:39 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

I thought of another reason not to go into the army Justin! I hate bush, you should too. And if you go into the army, and get sent in, your only helping him out. Stupid bush. Dont do it!
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:06 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Yes I mean frankly the army is haveing a harfd time getting poeple like crazy. They've lowered there standards a lot so any idiot that can aim and shot gets in.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #10
Wizard of Wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
The marines is most likely the worst decision you can make if its for finaical. Marines are a part of the Navy. What the Navy doesn't spend you get. So if the navy spends a lot one month your paycheck may not be as large as the month before. I suggest the air force your paycheck is sercued and only will go up.
What book you reading from? That is as far from the truth as it gets. I spent 6 years in the Navy as a seal. The other branches send thier folks to us for tech training. Navy is fun and adventrous.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote