Have you ever been banned?

Yup. My 14 yr old stuff i did got the admin mad enough that he threatened me to seek legalaction if I contacted him again...and I bet it wouldn't work :p

Never been banned.
I think here are some reasons why:
1. I avoid confrontation, unless someone really annoys me- which is not easy to do- in a forum.
2. I try to help people as much as I can, and I use the smilies many times instead of lol, and other shortcuts, simply to indicate that my comment is not hostile at all, I'm simply giving you a hint ( ;) ), or happy ( :) ) to give my opinion on something.
These two little rules, have kept me from ever being banned. I'm not going to say I never will be, but I don't think I will be :D

Never been banned on this forum although I have had warnings about my opinions on others. Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech? That is, essentially, what the Internet is all about anyway. Now I'm seeing stories about large communication companies trying to buy/own the Internet and users will have to start paying to access content and such content will be screened/policed. Not good news at all if it happens. The Internet we know today began as an open source development and should remain that way, accessable by all and not "policed".

CJ said:
Never been banned on this forum although I have had warnings about my opinions on others.

Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?

This is CF, Ran by the gods, We have no Freedoms.

</blatant sarcasm>

The owner/admin and the mods edit threads to keep the peace. The younger crowd in this forum seems to think that anything they post is ok. But you have to stop and consider what it looks like to others. A few of you don't and therein lies the problem.
Some just go overboard and it's post after post and thread after thread the same thing. Even after being warned by several of us mods and members alike it continues. It's then you give us no choice. We have to do something. A temp ban is issued. Some times if bad enough, it's out the door for good.
Then others have to keep the pot stirred up with threads like this. Come on man. Give it a rest.
As for freedom of speech, in a forum you have to abide by the forum rules and policy about what you post. What is ok in your book may not be ok in some one elses. Read the rules. It's there in black and white.
Just be mindfull of others rather than yourself. You'll be ok then...

setishock said:
The owner/admin and the mods edit threads to keep the peace. The younger crowd in this forum seems to think that anything they post is ok. But you have to stop and consider what it looks like to others. A few of you don't and therein lies the problem.
Some just go overboard and it's post after post and thread after thread the same thing. Even after being warned by several of us mods and members alike it continues. It's then you give us no choice. We have to do something. A temp ban is issued. Some times if bad enough, it's out the door for good.
Then others have to keep the pot stirred up with threads like this. Come on man. Give it a rest.
As for freedom of speech, in a forum you have to abide by the forum rules and policy about what you post. What is ok in your book may not be ok in some one elses. Read the rules. It's there in black and white.
Just be mindfull of others rather than yourself. You'll be ok then...

Well put......
I have only been here a short time, and haven't had any problems. I have noticed that as soon as something goes down, there is 3-4-5 different threads started about it. I think this is the younger crowd doing that part- as I'm grown, almost over the hill, and have too much to do other than sit here and see who gets banned, or who's doing what, or what mod did this to me- please........
If everyone in here would abide by the rules- there wouldn't be a need for mods. Just like if everyone would abide by the laws- there would be no need for the police. Does everyone- no. Will everyone- no. There will always be the few that mess things up for the rest of us, it's only a matter of time. If everyone took a look at my 2 little rules I use, and followed those, they wouldn't get banned. I'll leave it at that in this thread, I'm going back to helping people. Nice work Mods! And keep up the good work :)

i havnt been banned on here, but ive been banned on a reptile forum for posting scientific facts which prooved one of the moderators wrong...

Back
Top Bottom