Which has been the Worst disaster in modern times?

I'd say 9/11 not because of the deaht, but because of how much it has affected our lives. The Tsunami no matter how many died, had no real affect on me. Sure its sad and all never lost any sleep over it. However 9/11 has had the biggest impact on my life so far. I'm sure most poeple living in america would agree.

Thats a pretty horrible thing to say...

Let me tell you this though...The world trade centre didn't affect me at all, it didn't affcet te company i worked for, or it's business, (in fact it probably made it better). I didn't know anynoe, or even know anyone who knew anyone that was personally involvde, (either seeing or being in) the towers as they were struck and fell...

Doesn't take away from t's importance though...

I'd say that the falling of the twin towers had a positive side in that an entire city pulled togther in a resuce effort, in a knid of comunity mentality that hadn't been seen for ages.

In stark contrast, after the tsunami, most people semed to be pullnig together to build scamminf websites to try to con people into donating to false apeals and fake charities...

this is exactly what is meant when we say society is to blame,
People knew that the towers would be attacked, but the calculated risk meantthat it wasn't worth telling them,
the same with the tsunami, it was predicted, but nobody was warned.
when things do go wrong, people try their hardest to con money out of people.
the only reason America was attacked in the first place was because the middle eastern culture was being transformed by the western culture influence, (beit greed or religion), out society is what causes wars, famines, epedmic diseases, racial hatred and all other kinds of hatred, it's out culture that decides a few thousand pounds lost perhaps unecessarily is worth more than a few thousand lives lost through poor judgement...

society sucks,

If you people say that 9/11 is more tragic than the Holocaust or tsunamis or famine in etheopia, then you are a wannabe patriotic piece of ****.

Mental Liberator said:
If you people say that 9/11 is more tragic than the Holocaust or tsunamis or famine in etheopia, then you are a wannabe patriotic piece of ****.

There is something that will happen soon...

THE END OF WORLD!!!!!

Techy Geek said:
We can't do anything about the tsunami, but if those stupid people that had commited the 9/11 attacks hadn't been brainwashed into thinking that the USA is evil and capitalism terrible.

The USA IS evil and capitalism IS terrible.

Mental Liberator said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Hey spank, I respect you, and I myself think that capitalism is flawed, but what would be a better system?

I mean COMPLETE equality is impossible and people need to realize that, and IF communism worked, that means that people that clean the bathroom and people that perform surgery in the E.R. would get the same pay. Life would be much like how they lived in the novel "1984" and everyone would have to be monitored constantly to make sure that no one is doing anything wrong.

Then there's a dictatorship which is just pshoooooo.

Capitalism is cannibalism, but right now, it's not that bad. It entertains people's lifes also, always competing and such, but of course there are many that are left in the dust...

But spank, I'm not asking this in a sarcastic way at all. What would be a better system than capitalism?

some people don't know what they do have!
a disater is realy judged by the person asked. a disaster for me, may not be a disaster to a tribesman in the amazon.
if my world changed for the worse when 9/11 occured, then i call it a disaster. if a somalian mother of 5 drops a bowl of rice and loses here familys food for a month, then she calls that a disaster.
its all a matter of circumstance i supose.
i was reading recently about the battle of the SOMME. there were almost 1MILLION casualties on the first day, for absolubtly no gain in territory. now howmany people in 1916 would say that that was a disaster? well it is still a disaster, but dont affect anyone anymore.
woz

Yeah, the end of the world is not a matter of if...its a matter of when :p

Well knowing us humans, we'll save mother nature from doing it. We'll probably blow us all up with nuclear bombs or something before she'd have a chance to try to blow us to high heaven... oh deary me...what have we come to.

Back
Top Bottom