Which has been the Worst disaster in modern times?

im sorry you can find it funny!
the world changed for the worse on that day.
if you are talking natural disasters, i would say the aids epidemic in africa is by far the worst, and still snowballing.

Even as you read this, AIDS is taking lives in Sub-Saharan Africa, swallowing families, communities, hopes. So far 17 million have died. At least 25 million may follow.
woz

I'd say 9/11 not because of the deaht, but because of how much it has affected our lives. The Tsunami no matter how many died, had no real affect on me. Sure its sad and all never lost any sleep over it. However 9/11 has had the biggest impact on my life so far. I'm sure most poeple living in america would agree.

When eve picked the fruit from tree of knowledge... Seriously, the plague happening in African country really is the worst...

Disaster because of natural causes, or because of politics and hate for others?

I can't believe anyone would even CONSIDER the World Trade Center attacks to be the worst disaster of modern times. You kidding me?

Do you know how often stuff like that happens in other countries? It's nothing new, and to anyone who was not injured/killed in the attack or is not related to anyone who was: the only way you were affected by 9/11 was not being able to fly that day.

can't believe anyone would even CONSIDER the World Trade Center attacks to be the worst disaster of modern times. You kidding me?

Do you know how often stuff like that happens in other countries? It's nothing new, and to anyone who was not injured/killed in the attack or is not related to anyone who was: the only way you were affected by 9/11 was not being able to fly that day.
QUOTE BY SPANK.

you are kidding rite?
everyones world has changed since that dreadful day.
and if you think that type of thing happens every day somewhere else, then you are so wrong.
the terrorist attacks on the world trade centre sent reverberations around the world and affected everyones life in some way. most countries have changed legislation so that they can hold people who they SUSPECT of being a terrorist for undefined amounts of time. all of our civil libertys are being affected. just a couple of weeks ago a brazillian man on the london undergroun was shot 7 times in the head because he was mistaken for a terroist. and you think we are not all affected? have you been on a holiday flight lately? you are virtulay strip searched before you get onto the plane.
in Britain yesterday a poll was carried out to find which image in the last 50 years was the most significant. it was called "the shot that shook the world" and you guessed it the WORLD TRADE CENTRE came in at number 1.
woz

i do have to agree that the famine in Africa is by far the worst, but i do have to also agree that the 911 attacks were the scariest though.

But the all time worst disaster would be the day man thought up WAR.this three letter word killed more men women and children then all of them put together..

And since it's in our nature to be competitive and destructive, creative but yet twisted.there just doesn't seem to end,for there wil always be war and death.

Well I have been on a holiday flight since 9/11. Nothing different than before. And with stuff like it happening everyday he prolly ment ppl blowing eachother up, which does happen somewhere almost everyday.

Actually I saw an article a while ago about the WTC, saying that it could be a conspiracy, they let the terrorist do the attack so that they would have a reason to start the war. And I'm not saying that it is true, it could be, but there were a few good points, like they lost contact to those airplanes like 40 minutes before they hit the towers. And normally when losing contact with a big civilian aircraft they send a few fighters to check it out. And don't say that they didn't have time to send the fighters, an F-22 can fly at almost 2.0 mach (= 680 meters/second) Keeping in mind it takes about 10 minutes to get the pilot in the fighter and the fighter into the air, there is about 30 mins left to reach the civilian aircraft. 680 (meters per second) * 60 (seconds in minute) * 30 (~30 minutes time) / 1000 (1000 meters=1 kilometer) and the answer is 1224 km. There must be an airport with F-22s closer than 1000km to the towers.

But then again just one theory among many others, and not too much to do with the original topic, but I must agree, 9/11 wasn't anything compared to stuff like the tsunami, only difference is that it happened in the USA and that makes it so horrible to u. But I gues that ppl in Indonesia don't really care that much.

Back
Top Bottom