Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Solid State Member
 
Gortron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Default Has AVADirect scammed you?

If you have purchased a pc from this custom builder and it turned out to be a lemon we are seeking customer testimonials. We are in the discovery phase for a class action suit and as well as to bring awareness to their unethical business conduct.

http://consumers-against-scam-pc-builders.webs.com/
__________________

Gortron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
tom-knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,451
Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

Never heard of never used
__________________

__________________
New laptop:
2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor :: nVidia GT150m :: 15.6" HD LCD :: 4gb RAM :: 320gb HDD

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

They have 5 star review according to google. A lemon PC part is pretty common, you just RMA it... why didn't you just do that? A lawsuit is totally over the top unless they refused to fix it entirely, in which case you probably didn't have a warranty, and you could RMA the part to the company.

Think about this.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
In Runtime
 
SPuNKYbd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 236
Send a message via AIM to SPuNKYbd Send a message via MSN to SPuNKYbd Send a message via Yahoo to SPuNKYbd Send a message via Skype™ to SPuNKYbd
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
They have 5 star review according to google. A lemon PC part is pretty common, you just RMA it... why didn't you just do that? A lawsuit is totally over the top unless they refused to fix it entirely, in which case you probably didn't have a warranty, and you could RMA the part to the company.

Think about this.
Everyones out to get rich over night, sueing has become a business now a days.
__________________
MCDST - MCP - MCTS
SPuNKYbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuNKYbd View Post
Everyones out to get rich over night, sueing has become a business now a days.
Good point there.

I don't think they will have any chance of winning this though.

btw I PM'd you in case you didn't see.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
Solid State Member
 
Gortron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

AVADirect has the habit of sabotaging RMAs. Please review the links we have on our site, its a never ending experience once it goes back the first time.
Gortron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

They sabotage RMA's?

Do you have any proof, or possibly a reason why they would do such a thing?
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
Solid State Member
 
Gortron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

We have pages of proof and customer testimonials as well as photos some of which are in the information we have referenced. Once AVA gets your money they could care less what happens too you. Their return and warranty policy for example is ridiculous http://www.avadirect.com/warranties.asp and you will pay shipping each time it goes back. $160 for me for example for two RMAs. first time it came back to me it was DOA no cabling was done, none at all.

Terms of sale are even worse http://www.avadirect.com/terms_of_sale.asp section 7 & 8 in particular.
Gortron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

You know, every company makes you pay shipping on RMAs. Thats normal.

It is common to get DOA parts back from RMA because manufacturers often give you refurbished parts. This is not sabotage. As for the cabling, this was their fault. but it is not sabotage.

I read one of those experience things and it was a load of bs. He was complaining about the RMA taking too long... RAMs always take a while, usually 2 weeks to a month, and all they do is get the part from you, ship it to the manufacturer, wait for them to RMA, then ship it to you. Very indirect, but again not sabotage in any way.

Most of those are just people who are mad their computers were dead, then left out enough info to make it look like the company's fault. I really don't see any case here.

They have done nothing illegal.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
Solid State Member
 
Gortron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Default Re: Has AVADirect scammed you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
You know, every company makes you pay shipping on RMAs. Thats normal.

It is common to get DOA parts back from RMA because manufacturers often give you refurbished parts. This is not sabotage. As for the cabling, this was their fault. but it is not sabotage.

I read one of those experience things and it was a load of bs. He was complaining about the RMA taking too long... RAMs always take a while, usually 2 weeks to a month, and all they do is get the part from you, ship it to the manufacturer, wait for them to RMA, then ship it to you. Very indirect, but again not sabotage in any way.

Most of those are just people who are mad their computers were dead, then left out enough info to make it look like the company's fault. I really don't see any case here.

They have done nothing illegal.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1342892
__________________

Gortron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0