Has America gone too far?

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
I ask this question after reading the article on the U.S. being the leading country in predator drone attacks, or drone attacks in general. There are currently about 40 countries that have drone technology, I reference an article from the BBC but I also got some information from CNN. Anyway, the BBC article talks about the law of 9/11. Which is pretty interesting as I've never heard that before. Essentially, we are attacking more and more nations with the premise of "self-defense" or proactive self-defense in our hunt for terrorists. I'm sure it won't be long before we're in Iran or even North Korea... which I'm in awe that news about that just stopped altogether. Anyway, I wanted to get some opinions of everyone in here... has America gone too far?

BBC link

If it decreases the chances of something happening in our country (or any other country, for that matter) by even .0001%, then I'm for it.

And the critics in that article are UN heads; that immediately means that US bashing will take place.

Drone, sniper, either way it gets the job done.
drones are used in places that snipers can't get...

If it decreases the chances of something happening in our country (or any other country, for that matter) by even .0001%, then I'm for it.

And the critics in that article are UN heads; that immediately means that US bashing will take place.
did you read the article? did you understand the article?

what if EVERY country took that mentality. it's fine to kill others so long as there's a ten thousandth of a percentile chance that it'll stop anyone being killed in my country...

what if Pakistan get these drones?
would it be fine to fly them into America trying to kill every military commander and their family?? so that they would stand less chance of getting killed in Pakistan?

I agree that there is a need for them, but it's in war, not self defence.

drones are used in places that snipers can't get...

did you read the article? did you understand the article?

what if EVERY country took that mentality. it's fine to kill others so long as there's a ten thousandth of a percentile chance that it'll stop anyone being killed in my country...

what if Pakistan get these drones?
would it be fine to fly them into America trying to kill every military commander and their family?? so that they would stand less chance of getting killed in Pakistan?

I agree that there is a need for them, but it's in war, not self defence.

Let me get this straight. You're comparing al-Qaeda's third in command head to military commanders here in the United States?

Because if you are, then you're essentially saying that the world-wide known terrorist group that has relentlessly used suicide bombs, multiple attacks, bombings, and many other forms of terrorism has the same status as an American General leading our boys into combat.

Either you mistakenly made it sound like that, or you're just one of those. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless there on our soil then no. lets say some of these foreign countries gets pissed cause we the US has troops in their country killing innocent men, women and children (not saying all people killed by the armed forces are innocent) and they deiced to come over here onto our land to watch us along with killing people that might harm their people back on their natural soil. People would go ape (censored).

Let me get this straight. You're comparing al-Qaeda's third in command head to military commanders here in the United States?

Because if you are, then you're essentially saying that the world-wide known terrorist group that has relentlessly used suicide bombs, multiple attacks, bombings, and many other forms of terrorism has the same status as an American General leading our boys into combat.

Either you mistakenly made it sound like that, or you're just one of those. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not comparing any organisation to another,
I'm just saying that your attitude, (we'll kill them from afar to save us at home) can be applied in either situation.

it can be applied to you, saying we'll kill those Muslims in their homes to stop them coming over here and killing us, (an event that has happened how many times in our lifetimes?).

it can be applied to the saying we'll kill those Americans before they come over here killing us.

as for the same status...
if you're comparing apples to oranges, then you have to realise that apples are apples, and oranges are oranges...

to us, non-terrorist leaders, the heroes of this war are our soldiers who are going into battle.
to them, the heroes of this war are their soldiers who are going into battle.

don't you think that in places like Afghanistan these groups apply bad words like terrorist occupiers to our forces as well?
of course, that's not how we see it, but it is how they see it...

which is why I said what I said. we'd rather kill them with a robotic plane, in their home, before they even get to the battlefield... chances are that they'd want to do the same thing.

in short, no, I'm definitely not comparing our military leaders to terrorists,
what I am saying is that the other side most likely do, and will use the same logic of "kill them before they kill us" that you did.

(does that make sense now?)

You honestly believe that America has gone to far? Did the terrorists complain that they had gone too far when they crashed planes into the WTC? If they had the ability to use nukes or anything I bet they would use them without hesitation.

So because they kicked us, we should kick them harder? (And the only people that flew planes into any building were in the US Government) I'm not saying we've gone too far, I just read an article about it and wanted to know the groups opinion on it. I personally believe that the drone strikes probably take more innocent casualties than other methods, because 'it's just a game' to the controller, and who knows what they're striking. With boots on the ground, you have a little bit more judgement behind where that bomb or grenade is going.

Back
Top Bottom