Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-30-2005, 05:40 PM   #21
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Harry Potter

Well, lets wait and find out if it is true. He will have to die to finish off the seriess
__________________

__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:59 PM   #22
BSOD
 
HRHunteRHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac006
Excuse me.... what the heck? Wow... learn to be mature my friend. Either Harry dies, or Voldemort, or both of them. Not Harry MUST die. No. It's either one or the other. You've got some issues if you're saying that I should learn to read because you obviously don't know the rules of CF. We are mature people here. We don't make stupid assumptions and we don't say pointless statements. Please, at least have some evidence that you can show me where, in the whole series, that it says that Harry must die. Thank you.

The person you quoted never said that "Harry MUST die", but you replied to him as if he said that. I thought you were attacking him and saying that's what he said, so I naturally defended him because it was pretty obvious that he didn't every say "Harry MUST die", he said he MIGHT die. You may have quoted the wrong thing, but I was just pointing out that it would be hard for you to miss what he said unless you couldn't read correctly, or you're blind or something. But I really don't understand how I'm being immature.... Obviously what I said wasn't a "pointless statement", because you would be mature and not respond to it, if it had no meaning, why try to argue against it, there's nothing to argue.... I think you're being a little immature saying that "We don't make STUPID assumptions". Define a stupid assumption, you can't because every assumption has to have a meaning, otherwise it's a "pointless statement", hence the word "assumption". If I'm correct it means to make a direct supposition based on no evidence or fact. I had truth and evidence, you quoted something, and responded to it as if he said what you contradicted.

P.S: Please, at least have some evidence that you can show me where, in my post, does it say that Harry must die.
__________________

__________________
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 PM   #23
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Harry Potter

Either way, telling him to learn to read was uncalled for. He was only asking him where the book said that "Harry must die". Jac wasn't really trying to push him around or anything, he's not that kind of person (trust me, he's been here WAY longer than you have).
__________________
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:30 PM   #24
BSOD
 
HRHunteRHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Either way, telling him to learn to read was uncalled for. He was only asking him where the book said that "Harry must die". Jac wasn't really trying to push him around or anything, he's not that kind of person (trust me, he's been here WAY longer than you have).

Him pushing someone around has nothing to do with how long he's been here for. This isn't an e-penis contest. I was telling him to learn how to read because he is asking someone to go through a whole book series of books that range up to nearly 800 pages, to find out if it says anything about the main character dieing, when if you READ the post he quoted, it in NO WAY said that Harry MUST die, so why bother him about it??? I'm sorry if me telling someone to learn how to read over the internet bothers you, but that's not my problem. I'm also sorry if I offended you or something but it was a logical response to a falty accusation.
__________________
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:39 PM   #25
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Harry Potter

just apologize to him. Damn, ur blowing the situation outta proportion.. dont be an ass..
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #26
BSOD
 
HRHunteRHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrizx
just apologize to him. Damn, ur blowing the situation outta proportion.. dont be an ass..
ROFL the irony!!

Anyways if you read the above post I DID, and I don't know why. I guess just to shut the people like you up.
__________________
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #27
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Harry Potter

Thats called being scarcastic.. dont act like you ment it..
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:49 PM   #28
BSOD
 
HRHunteRHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrizx
Thats called being scarcastic.. dont act like you ment it..
Man now I feel bad cause you're like the same as me, with all the drama at school, I feel like I was being mean to you by saying that I wanted to shut you up. I didn't really want to, I was just thinking of something witty to say. Anyways, were you being sarcastic about what YOU said, because if you were, it'd be really funny!
__________________
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:52 PM   #29
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Harry Potter

wow. thats like instant change

and also hijacked thread, lol.. um we can talk in my "im sorry" thread
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:20 AM   #30
BSOD
 
HRHunteRHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: Harry Potter

Yea I'm outta this POS thread.
__________________
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:28 AM   #31
Golden Master
 
jac006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,810
Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHunteRHR
The person you quoted never said that "Harry MUST die", but you replied to him as if he said that. I thought you were attacking him and saying that's what he said, so I naturally defended him because it was pretty obvious that he didn't every say "Harry MUST die", he said he MIGHT die. You may have quoted the wrong thing, but I was just pointing out that it would be hard for you to miss what he said unless you couldn't read correctly, or you're blind or something. But I really don't understand how I'm being immature.... Obviously what I said wasn't a "pointless statement", because you would be mature and not respond to it, if it had no meaning, why try to argue against it, there's nothing to argue.... I think you're being a little immature saying that "We don't make STUPID assumptions". Define a stupid assumption, you can't because every assumption has to have a meaning, otherwise it's a "pointless statement", hence the word "assumption". If I'm correct it means to make a direct supposition based on no evidence or fact. I had truth and evidence, you quoted something, and responded to it as if he said what you contradicted.

P.S: Please, at least have some evidence that you can show me where, in my post, does it say that Harry must die.
I know you're out of this thread here and I'm fine with that, but I have to respond to this. OK, here's the thing: maybe it was a misunderstanding, but what I got from the first post was that Harry must die. Mistakes? Misunderstanding? Excuse me? I'm not perfect. I'm sorry if you are and you're above everyone else, but, here at CF, we don't just say, oh, learn to read man. Stupid assumption? OK, let's look at the roots of "assume". When you assume, you make an @$$ out of U and ME. Get it? You've could've at least pointed out, clarified, something. However, you continued to go on and just be like that. How was it a pointless statement? Because pretty much anything could've been a better post. Clarification. Helping me see the right point. See where I'm going here? Or do you not? You can be immature and ignore what I'm trying to say, but I'm here to help people, but, as a falliable human being, I'm not perfect. And it's not in YOUR post. It's here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
I'm an avid fan of the books. In fact before the 6th came out I predicted the death of head master I also predicted Harry getting with Rons lil sis. In the 7th book my prediction is Harry will die. So will his aunt and uncle *old magic* so will sirus I don't think he is dead though. Then I think Ron and heromine will live. But HARRY MUST DIE. Voldermort will die as well. Also you must remember that’ll be an interesting site. Only voldermort can kill Harry only Harry can kill voldermort yet they can't use the wands since they have the same wand. Whets your projection. The 7th book will be by far the best. The 6th was so good I read it twice in a week. Then a third later on.
What do you think will happen, if you even read it

also its not a nerd book I know at thieving of the school year everyone was reading it from the star QB to the hottest cheerleader down to the geekest nerd. One
He says: Harry MUST die. Thank you. As I read the books, all of them, throughly, I never picked up that harry MUST die. Never. I was just asking for some evidence of that. Yes, if he's going to make that statement, he better have some evidence to back himself up. Sure, 800 pages. If he says it, he has to prove it. Just asking for some proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHunteRHR
Him pushing someone around has nothing to do with how long he's been here for. This isn't an e-penis contest. I was telling him to learn how to read because he is asking someone to go through a whole book series of books that range up to nearly 800 pages, to find out if it says anything about the main character dieing, when if you READ the post he quoted, it in NO WAY said that Harry MUST die, so why bother him about it??? I'm sorry if me telling someone to learn how to read over the internet bothers you, but that's not my problem. I'm also sorry if I offended you or something but it was a logical response to a falty accusation.
Yes, he said HARRY MUST DIE. Wow... pm him or something... I didn't even change his post my friend, or anything at all. He said it, ask him. You know, this debate is good, or, really, this argument, bceause it gets our minds working. Indeed. Very good.
__________________
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:38 AM   #32
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Harry Potter

Damn, alotta work was put into that post.. lol..
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 AM   #33
Golden Master
 
jac006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,810
Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrizx
Damn, alotta work was put into that post.. lol..
Lol... just a little bit... I didn't think anyone could tell... I had to anyways... I just couldn't let those posts go away...
__________________
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:33 AM   #34
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Harry Potter

This thread has been reported as being pointless & appropriate, er, this is the Social Lounge, meaning it's OK to talk on any subject, as long as it obeys the rules.
The member who reported this then posts here, & discusses it!!!!? [cheeky!]
__________________
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #35
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,107
Default Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac006
Where in the whole series does it insinuate that harry must die?
Telling him to learn to read was a little uncalled for... but I see your point...


Nobody said Harry MUST die...
he said he though Harry MIGHT die...


Anyway... if we can all agree it was just a simple mistake we could all move on from that and keep talking about the films and books?
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:04 AM   #36
Fully Optimized
 
UK31337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,776
Default Re: Harry Potter

I get the impression the final book will have something very significant in the ending. At least, that's basically what JK Rowling seems to be letting on...
__________________
Master of common sense. If you don't like it, stop reading.
UK31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #37
Fully Optimized
 
macbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,468
Send a message via MSN to macbook
Default Re: Harry Potter

No he doesnt have to die, harry, ron and hermione could get together, get married (dont know how that would work) have babies and live happily ever after!
__________________
4GB Intel Core Duo - 1.25 GB DDR2 SDRAM
macbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:54 AM   #38
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Smile Re: Harry Potter

I thought I'd have another word, sorry to keep butting in, but although I fully realise that the books are briilliant, & appeal to all ages, don't get so wound up guys, we mods don't want to have to step in & warn members getting getting hot under the collar excessively, [it is getting near Christmas!!], yippeee!] so calm it please.

Maurice
__________________
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:15 PM   #39
Fully Optimized
 
UK31337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,776
Default Re: Harry Potter

Also, if you get any official word of what's happening in the next book, don't post it here. I'd like to read the book from start to finish without accidently seeing a spoiler here, and I'm sure others feel the same way.


So, no spoilers!
__________________
Master of common sense. If you don't like it, stop reading.
UK31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #40
Fully Optimized
 
99nasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,995
Default Re: Harry Potter

Jk rowling says that theres going to be a bigtwist at the end and everything comes together....
__________________

__________________
99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
×